Chapter 74

Landon's POV
Both of my brothers had things to do today. Noah went on a trip with Samantha's family and Brody had to go to a college interview. Brody didn't want to leave me alone, but I assured him I would be fine. He would only be gone for a couple hours.

He left the house at 7am and would be back around 12. Most of that time I would be sleeping so he has nothing to worry about.

Last night Brody went to earlier than he normally did, which let me stay up and do whatever I wanted to. I watched tv for a while, but I figured out it's not very fun staying up late by yourself. Usually if I was allowed to stay up Noah would hangout with me.

I went to my room and started getting ready for bed. My head was kind of hurting, but I figured if I went to bed it would help. Once I laid down I was out.

The next morning I woke up to a pounding headache. I looked over at the clock and saw it was 7:30am. Brody wouldn't be home for hours. In fact he probably just left. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but my head was hurting too much.

"Mhmh," I groaned in pain. I've never had a headache this bad before and it's just getting worse.

I wanted to take some pain reliever but I didn't know where any was. I very rarely had to take any. I grabbed my phone off my night stand. I knew if I texted Brody he would most likely not respond so I'll try Noah.

Me- Where's the pain reliever?

I waited over 10 minutes for him to respond.

Noahy😈- In the cabinet in Brody's bathroom, why?

Me- My head hurts a lot and he isn't home.

Noahy😈- Are you gonna be ok?

Noah can be nice and caring when he wants to be, but it surely doesn't happen a lot.

Me- Yeah, I'm just gonna take some medicine.

I didn't want to worry him so I just said I was fine, which I certainly wasn't.

Noahy😈- Ok, text me if it gets worse.

I sat up in bed and immediately got super dizzy. I had to sit there a while before the room stopped spinning enough for me to walk. I slowly walked to Brody's room, every step making my head pound more.

I made it to Brody's room and went to his bathroom. I opened his cabinet and saw a bottle of medicine.

I wasn't sure how many I could take but I pulled 2 out. My head was getting to a excruciating level of pain and I wanted it to go away as soon as possible. Brody had a cup full of water sitting by his sink. I couldn't handle walking all the way downstairs to get my own, so I just drank his.

Once I swallowed the pills I got in Brody's bed. Walking back to my room sounded like too much work.

I laid down and covered my head with his blankets. Brody still wouldn't be home for 4 hours and I really don't think I could handle that. I was near tears at how bad my head was hurting. Nothing I was doing was helping and I just really wanted Brody home.

I laid in the dark for another hour and the medicine didn't seem to be working. I was out of ideas and decided to call Brody. I dialed his number and he answered on the second ring.