Pregnant

Your POV

Shawn and I had been married for about a year and we had never really talked about kids. I knew that I wanted at least one child, but I didn't know when and I didn't know Shawn's opinion on the matter. We had had unprotected sex before, but that doesn't always make you conceive and Shawn had a strong pull out game (😂😂😂) But one morning when Shawn was at the studio , I suddenly got hit by a wave of nausea. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom, with my hand over my mouth. I was in the bathroom for a while, throwing up and I wasn't sure what was going on. I didn't have a fever and besides the throwing up, I felt fine. Suddenly it hit me- I was probably pregnant. The last time Shawn and I had sex, we didn't have a condom.
Once I got ready, I went to the store and got three pregnancy tests. I was so nervous but I did the tests so now all I had to do was wait. I tried to do the dishes and clean up the house a little while I was waiting,but I couldn't focus on anything but the tests.

Finally, it was time to check the tests. I held my breath as I read the first one. It was positive. I read the next one. It was positive. And the last one was...positive. So, I was pregnant. I wasn't sure how I felt. I knew that I wouldn't get an abortion and I knew I would love the baby more than anything. But I didn't know if I was prepared for a child or not. And what about Shawn? This could mess with his touring. It could ruin his career. I wondered what he would think about it. I slowly wandered into the bedroom and sank down onto the bed, thinking.
I was pregnant. There was another human being growing inside of me. A miniature Shawn or a miniature me. I began wondering what the baby would look like. I was envisioning a little girl. Maybe she would have my curly hair, but in Shawn's color. She would probably have Shawn's beautiful brown eyes. Maybe she would have my nose and other small features that looked like mine. I could practically hear her laughing and it brought a smile to my face.

Suddenly I heard the front door slam and someone yell "Babe, I'm home."
Shawn. Shit. I didn't know how I was going to break the news to him yet. I decided that I would just say it how it was to get it out of the way.

"I'm in the bedroom" I called. I heard Shawn's footsteps coming up the stairs. Suddenly he appeared in the doorway. He crossed the room to sit next to me. He pulled me in for a kiss. It started out slow, but it began to get heated. I made sure I pulled away before Shawn went too far. Shawn looked at me, confused. I usually didn't push him away.

"I need to talk to you," I explained.
Shawn still looked confused, but he sat back and listened. I took a deep breath, not sure how to begin.

"So..." I started slowly. "I was feeling kind of sick this morning, but it went away pretty fast, like it had never happened. So I went to the store and got a few pregnancy tests. I used all of them... And they all came out positive," I finished quickly.

Shawn sat and stared at me for a moment and I nervously waited for him to say something.
Suddenly Shawn lunged at me, wrapping me in his arms.

I rocked back, almost falling over, but Shawn caught me. I hugged him back lightly, kind of confused. Shawn pulled back to look at me. "So, you're pregnant? I'm going to be a dad?" He asked, looking me in the eye.

"It sure looks that way. But wait, you're not upset? It could hurt your career," I tell him, frowning slightly.

Shawn shakes his head. "There's no way I could be upset. And I would give up my entire career for this baby." Shawn lowers his head to my stomach and begins to whisper to it "Hey baby, I don't know if you're going to be a boy or a girl - I don't know anything about you. But I do know that I already love you so so much. So does your mommy," he says, glancing up at me. "I can't wait to meet you," he finishes.

Shawn lifts his head to look at me and I beam at him. He leans in and kisses my lips and pushes me back onto the bed. He pulls back to lay next to me with his head on my stomach. I slide my fingers into his hair and twirl idle patterns around in the soft strands. Shawn closes his eyes and I say "We're going to be great parents."

Shawn opens his eyes to look and smile at me. "We will be." He begins to hum Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran and I close my eyes and relax. We spend the rest of our day, laying there, content with our own growing little family.

___________________________
Awwww. I just gave myself major feels while writing that. The whole time I was just thinking of Shawn saying "I'm going to be a good dad" ❤️
-💜