In Case You Didn't Know

I'm going to use the song "In Case You Didn't Know" by Brett Young in this. You don't have to listen to it (it's a country song) but it's really good at setting the mood I want. I'll tell you when you should start playing it.
__________________________

Tonight was one of those nights where it was just me and Shawn. It was one of the few nights when he wasn't away on tour. These type of nights were my favorite. Music was playing quietly in the background, and neither one of us had spoken in over half an hour. I was sitting on the couch, and Shawn was laying beside me with his head in my lap. I traced idle patterns in his hair, gently tugging on the soft strands. His eyes were half closed, and he hummed softly in contentment every once in a while. I moved my hand down to trace across his cheekbone, and I ran my thumb over his slightly parted lips. He caught my hand as it was starting to trail down his jaw.

He held my hand against his face and opened his eyes to look up at me. (*Start playing that song now*)He smiled faintly and shifted around to sit up, releasing my hand as he did so. He sat up on the edge of the couch, and I shifted closer to him, so I could wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head against his side. His arm automatically wrapped around my shoulders.

"What are you doing?" I asked softly.

"I want to dance to this song," he explained, nodding his head towards the speaker across the room.

I focused on what the song was and realized it was In Case You Didn't Know, one of my favorite love songs.

"But I can't dance," I said, shaking my head.

"Me neither," he said, glancing down at me. "But it's just me and you. No one's judging."

"All right," I agreed, letting him pull me to the middle of the living room.

His right hand rested on my left hip, and the fingers of his his other hand threaded themselves through mine. My left hand laid against his right bicep.

"Stand on my feet. I'll dance for you," he whispered in my ear.

He was wearing socks, and I was barefoot. I stood on his toes, and he began to slowly move to the beat of the music, moving in a box kind of formation.

His head was down as he watched our feet move. He appeared to be concentrating very hard, and I smiled at him.

"I feel like I'm five years old," I said with a laugh.

"I think we all know you're a five-year-old trapped in a twenty-year-old's body," Shawn replied, looking up at me.

I laughed. "That's true," I agreed.

"Well, I'm glad you're not a five-year-old because I'd probably be arrested for doing this." He leaned forward slightly to press his lips against mine. His lips were soft and warm, and I could feel his faint smile as he kissed me.

He pulled back after a few seconds, a smile etched on his face. My face mirrored his, and I leaned forward to lightly peck the tip of his nose.

"I love you," I said as I pulled away.

He began to sing along with the song. "In case you didn't know, baby, I'm crazy about you."

He dropped his hand from my waist, and gently nudged me back a step, so he could spin me around with his other hand that was still in mine. He pulled me back into his arms, but just wrapped his arms around my waist, and held me against his chest. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and we slowly swayed back and forth. He continued quietly singing into my ear. "You had my heart a long long time ago."

We continued to just stand there, listening to the song, and even after it was over, we stood there, slowly swaying from side to side.

Eventually, we headed to the bedroom and slept, still wrapped in each other's embrace.

__________________________
I don't really have much to say about this one except that I threw it together really fast, and I wish it turned out better.
Anyway, if you haven't voted on which imagine you want in the last part I uploaded, please go do that. I'm keeping it up until tomorrow
September 3, 2017
-💜