Late Nights

My eyes fluttered open, expecting it to be morning, but the room was still dark. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand, which proclaimed it to be 4am. Definitely not time to wake up.

I rolled over to look at Shawn, who was still sleeping peacefully beside me. He looked incredibly vulnerable and innocent. He was shirtless, and his bare chest slowly rose and fell with each breath. His lips were slightly parted, and his eyelashes subtly fluttered against his cheekbones. I wondered what he was dreaming of. I involuntarily smiled. I was so in love with this beautiful human.

I watched him for a moment longer before leaning over and pressing a light kiss to his cheek, trying not to wake him. I rolled back over and closed my eyes, attempting to fall asleep again. I heard Shawn sigh behind me, and his weight shifted. I froze, thinking I had woken him up. He shifted closer to me and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me against him. He made a small noise of what sounded like content in the back of his throat, and then his steady breathing resumed. I let out a breath and relaxed into his arms.

I was slowly lulled back to sleep by his warmth, his familiar scent, and the steady thrumming of his heart beat against my spine.

__________________________
This is really short and it's kind of a remake of my very first update, so I'm making it a bonus imagine. That means I'll still be uploading a regular length one on Sunday. I just felt like writing this, and I don't think it's long enough to count as a real imagine. I hope you guys liked it!
June 20, 2017
-💜