» 13 «

» What do you guys think so far? I know some of you said that the chapters are a bit short, but this book is also a short story. 🙈 I will try to stretch the chapters a bit longer though. «

••

"Where does it hurt?"

She took a minute to answer. "My back," she whispered. "And my face does too."

"Lemme see," Gunner said. "Look at me."

Her head ducked even lower. "N-No."

"Lamees, look at me."

"But... but we're almost at the nurse's office," she protested as they continued to walk. She didn't want him to see the blush on her face. He would know and see right through her and probably think that she was weird, for making this such a big deal. After all he was only helping her, there was no need to feel like she was being touched like that.

He didn't say anything after that but his fingers on her waist tightened. Lamees sucked in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly after a while. "I should've stopped the ball."

His apology took her by surprise and she finally turned to him. He was staring at her still and his eyes almost caused her to look away again. Almost.

"It's not your fault," she told him, truthfully.

His eyes seemed to search her face and she realized that he was checking for bruises. She hoped to God her face wasn't puffy or swollen.

He smiled after a few seconds when he seemed satisfied that Lamees wasn't majorly hurt. "For a second there I thought that you had your front teeth knocked out or something."

She raised a hand to her mouth on reflex and Gunner laughed at her.