» 16 «

» I'm curious, what's your favorite eye color? My eyes are dark brown but I love green eyes - which is why I simply had to give Gunner a pair of gorgeous emerald eyes. 😂 «

••

The nurse let her go after half an hour and since there were only a few minutes left for the last period to end, so Lamees decided to wait it out instead of showing up late to class and attracting attention.

She sat down on a bench in the hallway, rubbing her cheek. It was still a bit cool due to that ice pack.

"Alright over there?"

She whipped her head to find Gunner walking towards her, his hands in his pockets. This time he had a red plaid shirt on and even his green eyes seemed to smile at her.

"Y-Yeah," Lamees stammered. "I'm fine."

He sat down on the bench beside her and looked at her for a few silent seconds. Lamees cleared her throat to break the awkward silence and froze when he raised his hand and touched her cheek with his knuckles.

Her breathing hitched. She was sure he was going to notice.

"It doesn't hurt anymore, does it?" His voice was soft.

Lamees looked away, breaking the physical contact and Gunner slowly lowered his hand.

"I'm fine," she repeated, burning up. Her hands were clenched into fists on her lap and it took everything in her to not get up and run away.

"Okay," he said after a while and stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

She nodded meekly, not looking directly at him. He walked away and Lamees sighed out loud, her tense shoulders relaxing.

"Oh my God...."