» 61 «

» 3090 votes on TGWTH on thefictionawards. You. Are. All. Bae. Thank you so much. If you haven't already (and even if you have), y'all can go ahead and spam them with votes, let's see how many TGWTH can get :D «

••

"H-Hello?" She finally squeaked into the phone before clearing her throat.

"Lamees, is that you?"

She ignored the way her heart jumped into her throat when he called her name and said, "Yeah."

"I swear you sounded like a scared mouse or something," he said from the other end, ending his comment with a small chuckle. Her ears had goosebumps.

"Very funny," she managed to mumble while smiling. Up until now, she hadn't realized how much she'd missed his voice.

"Listen, sorry I wasn't there for lunch today," he said. "I was actually in the library all day, preparing for a test tomorrow."

She nodded, even though she knew he couldn't see her. She smiled at the apology and the explanation that came with it. He cared enough to call her and let her know.

"How's the preparation going?" She asked after a few awkward moments of silence.

"Eh, its French," he said simply and she heard him flip a few pages. "I think I've done okay but I wanted to ask if you could help me revise?"

"Oh. Um, now?" She was still standing in the school's parking lot and looked around.

"Well, yeah. I mean, if you can. You don't have to otherwise..."

She thought about it for a minute. What would she tell her parents? She couldn't just say that she was helping a senior revise for his French test tomorrow. A senior who she liked...

Oh, God. This was a bad idea...

"Yeah, sure." She heard herself answer. "I'll be at the library soon."

"Great, thanks so much."

After she hung up, she face palmed herself.