» 52 «

» In case, you guys were wondering, Gunner is a senior and Lamees is still a freshman. They both have literature together because Gunner is repeating that class for extra credit. Just wanted to clear that up «

••

"There's a basketball game this Friday," he started slowly, drumming his fingers on the table. He didn't meet Lamees's eyes when she looked up at him.

"I was wondering if," he said after a pause, "if you'd be coming to watch it. The game, I mean."

"Um... "

She had never attended a basketball ball before or any other sports event at her school, unless it was necessary for her grade. The times that she had had to come, she had taken a novel with her and would spend the hours away, reading whilst everybody else around her cheered and boo'ed loudly until their throats went sore.

She had never really seen the appeal in sports before. It required a lot of movement which was tiring and resulted in a person being sweaty. She would much rather spend her time wisely with a book in her hands in a cool, air conditioned room.

But this time, it was different. This time, Gunner was involved.

When she looked up, he was staring at her with an almost pleading expression on his face.

"You'll come, won't you?"

"Uh, I've never really been to a basketball game before..."

His eyes brightened and he grinned suddenly when she said that. "Of course, you haven't. You were probably too busy with your books."

Before she could retort, he chuckled. "Look, I read a whole novel in a span of five days because you wanted me to. And now, I guess it would be rude of you to not come to this game after I've asked you to."

She narrowed her eyes at him before saying, "Don't tell me that the only reason you read the book in the first place was specifically because you wanted me to accept your offer, no matter what."

He stuck his tongue out at her, rolling his eyes. "Maybe, maybe not."

She mimicked him, sticking her own tongue out.

"Don't tempt me into biting you," he said and Lamees's eyes widened as her cheeks turned pink.