» 49 «

» Have you heard about the harassment that the Muslims in UK are facing at the moment? Scarves are literally being yanked off and other people are being violent towards Muslims. I've been in an upset mood because of this all day «

••

"What're you reading right now?"

"Oh, it's sort of like a retelling of Alice in Wonderland," she said, holding up the book to show Gunner a black cover with a title in white that read Heartless. There was a red crown above the T letter and Gunner saw that the author's name was Marissa Meyer. Not surprisingly though, he hadn't heard of her.

"The story's been told by the Queen of Hearts' point of view," Lamees continued, her gaze trailing on the cover. "It's very good. And very tragic too."

He placed his elbow on the table and rested his face on his palm, loving how every time Lamees's eyes lit up when she talked about books. "You've read it all?"

She nodded eagerly. "I've been re-reading it. It's so good... would you like to read it?"

He blinked. "Me?"

"Yeah, I think you'll like it too. Come on, give it a try."

"I'll have you know that I have never finished a novel in all the years that I've lived. Expect the nursery rhyme books. My mother forced me to finish those."

Lamees was quiet for the longest time, simply staring at him with her mouth a bit agape. When she spoke, she was shaking her head. "I am actually embarrassed to be in your company right now."

"Ouch."