» 35 «

» How's Ramadan going for you all? I'm gonna have to make sure that Gunner and Lamees don't have any 'tender' moments for a while or it'll be haram. 😂 «

••

She was slouching over a book in the library when he found her but Gunner could already tell something was off. Her eyes seemed to be glazed instead of paying attention to the words on the pages. She rested her cheek on her palm with her elbow on the table. With her other hand, she kept pulling gently at the end of her scarf.

She might've been able to fool anyone else if they didn't know her better but Gunner did and he knew that she was distracted about something.

He slowly walked towards her, not wanting her to notice just yet and sat down in the chair beside her. Lamees was so deep in thought that she didn't even hear him pull out the chair. Gunner didn't interrupt her as he lay his head down on the table and since she sat facing towards the side away from him, she didn't notice as he tilted his head and stared up at her profile.

If he had to describe her, Gunner would've said that Lamees was the definition of delicate beauty. With thick long lashes that shadowed her ever changing hazel eyes that seemed pale green some times and other times, they were almost an enchanting golden color. The soft curve of her nose and the way her cheeks colored so often when she looked at him kept him thinking about her for long moments. Her heart shaped lips through which she would whisper and mumble to him and occasionally grace him with one of her shy smiles, would knock the breath out of his lungs.

Gunner realized he couldn't take his eyes off of her.