Chapter One: Pilot

Lying on the ground in her backyard, Trinity shifts to fold her hands behind her head. She sighed as she gazed up at the night sky. She took a deep breath; lettings the scents in the air flood her senses. Her nose wrinkled as she caught a bitter scent. She sat up, looking towards the woods not too far behind her house. Vampire. She thought. She gazed deeper into the woods but did not see anything. Taking another deep breath, she closed her eyes, and focused only on her hearing. She heard the beat of rapid footsteps...no. Hooves. She then heard a lighter patter of footsteps before hearing a thump. The fleeing animal was no more.

A vampire who drinks animal blood. Trinity opens her eyes. Great. She thinks, grimacing. Just what I need. She gets up from the ground and walks towards her house. She goes to the door and twists the handle only to find it locked. She rolls her eyes. Wonderful. She walks down the porch steps and look up at the house; seeing a window open. She grins and her bends down, her body shifting forms, growing smaller. A black cat swishes its tail back and forth before leaping onto house, making several jumps before finally reaching the window seal. The cat slips inside, jumping to the bedroom floor. Trinity, now human; stands from the floor. Now where's that vervain? She thinks as she walks out of the bedroom.

The next morning Trinity walks down the stairs, preparing to go to school. She rolls her eyes. Just what I need. She thought. School. Going to school wasn't something she ever looked forward to. It's not because she hates it, but she was basically invisible there. To the students and the teachers. She can actually guarantee that the same people that she's known for years don't even know her name. She remembers her first day of school when she moved here six years ago. The teachers hardly noticed that they had a new student much less the class. She didn't mind the solitude but it would be nice to have at least one person to talk to.

She sighs and picks her backpack up from the counter and leaves the house. She goes to the garage and looks at her choices. Motorcycle or Car? Her eyes go back and forth before settling on the motorcycle.

Pulling into the school she notices that even though she gets some looks, there's not as much as she hoped for. Everyone is busy greeting their friends after the long summer. Pulling into the parking space, she cuts the engine and gets off of the bike. Pulling her helmet off of her head she shakes her long black hair out, running her fingers through it to make sure she has no helmet hair.

She walks into the school and heads towards her locker. She drops her things off and heads towards the office to ask for a change in her schedule. She passes Elena Gilbert and Bonnie Bennett on the way.

"It's a hot back." Bonnie tells her friend.

Upon entering her senses are assaulted with the bitter scent she caught last night. She looks up to see a young man standing at the front desk.

"Your records are incomplete." The secretary tells him. "You're missing immunization records, and we do insist on transcripts."

"Please look again. I'm sure everything you need is there." He tells her.

The secretary looks down at the papers in her hands. "Well, you're right. So it is."

Trinity looks down and speaks under her breath. "I hope you don't plan on using compulsion for everything."

The young man tenses and turns to looks at her. His face curls in confusion. "Do I know you?" He asks.

Trinity shakes her head. "No." She goes to step around him but he grabs her wrist. Trinity rolls her eyes. "This isn't the time nor the place for this talk." She looks at the hand holding her, taking notice of the ring. Lapis Lazuli. She thinks.