Chapter Sixty Five: Before Sunset

Rebekah sits beside a sleeping Trinity. She brushes a strand of hair out of Trinity's face.

Trinity blinks blearily as she wakes up. She sees Rebekah sitting beside her. "Rebekah." She sits up. "Where were you?"

"My mother took over my body and had me daggered." She explains. She sees Trinity's dress hanging on a chair by the desk. "I missed the dance."

"The night was kinda ruined when your mother locked us in the school and killed Alaric."

She turns back to Trinity. "I'm sorry about your friend."

"I'm sorry about your mom. But...Alaric's death showed me something. It showed me that you can't wait for a time to say or do something. There is no right time. You have to take the first chance you have, because you may not be here tomorrow." She looks at Rebekah. "What I'm trying to say is..." She puts a hand behind Rebekah's neck, pulling the girl in for a kiss. Rebekah puts a hand to Trinity's waist as the kiss deepens. After a minute the girls finally break for air.

Rebekah looks at Trinity. "Really?" She asks, a hopeful smile on her face.

"I can't wait any longer." Trinity pulls her in for another kiss. Rebekah deepens the kiss, sliding her tongue against Trinity's, pulling the girl closer. Trinity's hands dance over Rebekah's back before sliding her fingers under the girl's shirt. She begins to lift it up.

Rebekah pulls away from the kiss, her nose brushing against Trinity's. "Are we moving too fast? You don't have to do something you're not ready for."

Trinity presses another kiss to Rebekah's lips. "I'm ready. No more waiting."

Rebekah pulls the Trinity in for another kiss and gently lays the girl down.

The next morning, Trinity wakes up. She scrunches her face at the shining sunlight. When she opens her eyes, she sees Rebekah's naked body lying next to her, an arm thrown around her waist. She smiles at the memories of the night before.

"Some girls find people watching them sleep romantic." Rebekah says, her eyes still closed. "I find it mildly creepy." She opens her eyes and smiles at the girl. "But I can get used to it."

"Hey." Trinity smiles.

Rebekah presses a kiss to her lips. "Hey."

Trinity snuggles deeper into the covers. She trails her fingers over Rebekah's arm. "Wow." She laughs.

Rebekah buries her face in Trinity's neck, pressing playful kisses to the skin. "Wow indeed." She pulls back and looks at the girl, brushing the hair away from her face.

Trinity smiles at Rebekah. "I love you."

Rebekah smiles as well. "I love you too." She leans down and kisses the girl.

Alaric sits at his desk in his classroom, his feet propped up on the desk. He twirls the white oak stake in his hands and takes his feet off the desk. He leans forward and looks at the stake. He turns to look out the door, he hears Caroline entering the school.

Caroline speaks to Tyler on the phone as she walks through the hall of the school. "What do you mean you're ditching my clean up committee?"

"Klaus called. He's leaving town and wants me to pack up his house." Tyler says.

"Well, since when does sire bond equal mover slave?"

"Since I realized you're not gonna dump me for him."

"Ugh, he's being petty."

"And he still thinks I'm sired to him. It's fine, I'll keep up the act and it will all be over soon. I'm late, I gotta go. I love you."