Chapter Twenty Seven: Kill or Be Killed

Flashback

One Year Ago: Emerald Coast, Florida

Mason stands from his seat at the bar. "Alright, Carlos. It's it for me." He pays and goes outside, not seeing a man follow him.

As he is going to his car, the man pushes him. "Mason!"

He turns around. "Hey Jimmy. Easy. Let's get you home."

"Screw you!" He pushes him again. "I know about you and Marla."

"What are you talking about? You've had too much to drink." Jimmy tries to strangle him but Mason pushes him away. "Dude! What's up?! It's me, Mason! I'm not messing with Marla. You know that!" Jimmy punches Mason in the face. "You don't want to do this buddy."

"I'll kill you!" He throws Mason on the floor and kicks him in the stomach. Mason catches his arm and pushes him. Then, he carries him and slams him to the ground. Jimmy's head hits the pavement very hard.

"Jimmy? Jimmy?" Mason asks, realizing that his friend is dead.

"Wait, the guy died? You killed him?" Tyler asks.

"He kept coming at me. He got in his head that I was sleeping with his girlfriend." Mason explains.

"Were you?"

He shakes his head. "No. No. I wouldn't do that, he was my friend. He was drunk and attacked me. It was self-defense."

"And it triggered the curse."

"On every full moon, I lose control. If I don't sedate myself and chain myself down, I'll kill anything in my path. You have to be careful. All it takes is an accident, a car wreck. Any death at your hands and you'll have a lifetime of this. You don't want it Tyler, trust me." He sighs. "Alright. Where is the moonstone? A deal is a deal. I answered your questions."

"Um, yeah, I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's in here." He walks over to his father's safe. "My dad, he was very kooky about his hiding spots but I figured most of them out over the years." He opens it. "It's all yours." Mason looks inside the safe but the moonstone isn't there. "Are you gonna tell me what's so important about this rock or what?"

"I told you, it's just something I want. Sentimental value."

"Yeah, I'm not really buying that. Why do you really want it?"

"Do you know where it is or not?"

"No, I figured it would be in here, man."

Trinity wakes up on the forest floor, seeing an arm wrapped around her. She quickly sits up and sees Katherine smirking at her. "You know, I was never really one for morning after's, but I really wanted to see your reaction." She says. Trinity scrambles away and tries to cover herself. "Why so shy?" She sees Trinity begins to stand and flashes over, pinning her to the ground. "Where are you going?"

"Let me go."

"You know, you were singing a whole different tune last night. But aren't you always? Telling me to leave one second and then tearing my clothes off the next."

"Shut up!"

"Are we really going to do this routine again? Why don't I just skip to the end?" She presses her lips to Trinity's, whose eyes darken before she wraps her arms around her.

Elena and Jeremy are in their bathroom. "I can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf." Jeremy says.

"We're not sure about that yet. The only thing we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is." She tells him.