Chapter Nineteen: Miss Mystic Falls

Stefan is parking his car; Elena sees him and joins him. "Nice car." She smiles.

"Thought it was a waste to leave it in the garage." He kisses her.

"I didn't know you were coming back today."

"You know, I woke up this morning and I was feeling great and I figured it was time for me to get back into things."

"Does that mean you're okay now, with all the cravings?"

"Yeah, I mean the worst part is over so...now all I want to do is just spend as much time with you as possible."

"I'm okay with that." She pulls him in for a kiss.

"Hey, thank you for helping me get through the rough patch."

"You're welcome." She looks into his eyes. "We're gonna be late."

"Okay, uh, you know what? I'll catch up with you, I'm gonna grab my stuff. I'll be right behind you."

"Okay." She leaves.

When she's gone, Stefan opens his trunk revealing many blood bags, along with his back pack. He grabs his stuff and closes the trunk.

Trinity sees Stefan in the hallway. "You're back at school?"

"I thought it was about time to come back."

She sends him an uneasy glance. "Really?"

"Yeah, I feel great." He smiles. "We better head to class."

She nods. "Yeah, we should."

Damon, John and Sheriff Forbes are talking in the founder's hall.

"There was a disturbance at the hospital blood bank last night; some of the supply was compromised." Liz tells them.

"Compromised? You mean stolen?" Damon asks.

"We almost missed it. The inventory records were altered but when the night manager was questioned he had no recollection of changing them."

"Meaning that the vampire who stole the blood used mind control to hide the theft." John explains.

"I know what you meant." Damon says.

"We wouldn't have noticed had John not alerted us to recent discrepancies in other hospital blood banks in the county."

"How lucky for us, we have John." He looks at the man.

"We're stepping up security at the hospital, giving the guard vervain to prevent this from happening again."

"Sheriff, may I offer a suggestion?" John asks. "Why don't Damon and I put our heads together? We can track down whoever is doing this."

"Truthfully I can use the extra hands. Is that something you would be willing to do?"

"Well, of course, I mean if it'll help." Damon says.

"I think we could make a good team, don't you think Damon?" He smiles.

"John, whatever I can do to help keep this town safe; even if it means spending time with you." He returns the smile.

"Okay, this week we're gonna set outside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founder's day." Alaric tells his class. "Apparently the community leader's feel it's more important than World War II, but hey what do I know?"

Bonnie interrupts him and enters the classroom. "Sorry I'm late."

"Well, it looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie." He smiles.