Chapter Fifty Nine: All My Children

Elena wakes up and calls Stefan.

Stefan looks at his phone and ignores the call.

Elena leaves a message. "Stefan, hey, umm...it's me, I really have to talk to you. Please call me back." She hangs up and calls Damon.

Damon is still in bed and rolls over to answer his phone. "What?"

"Hey, I...I called you ten times last night. We need to talk." Elena says.

"Sorry, I've been busy."

"If you're mad at me, Damon, you need to get over it."

"Oh, I'm over it." He hangs up and lays back in bed, staring at Rebekah.

Rebekah walks down the stairs in her dress from the night before. "So, let's not make a big deal out of this." She says.

Damon nods. "My thoughts exactly."

"Besides, I expect you'll come calling soon enough."

"Let's not hold our breath." He opens the door. Elena is standing outside. She looks between them in shock.

Elena paces in the living room. "Did you stop taking your vervain?"

Damon looks at her. "You think Rebekah had to compel me?"

"What's wrong with you? She tried to kill me less than forty eight hours ago."

"Can we just move pass that, Elena?"

"So is that how it's going to be now? I hurt your feelings and this is how you lash out at me?"

Damon pours himself a drink. "Well, maybe, for once, something I did had nothing to do with you."

"You should know that Esther is planning on killing her entire family. She's linked them all together with a spell. Whatever happens to one, happens to all of them."

"Well, that's great! Klaus will finally be dead. We win. Why do you look like someone just shot a panda bear?"

"Uh, because to kill Klaus she has to kill all of them, including Elijah. And he doesn't deserve this!"

"I'm supposed to care about Elijah?"

"Shouldn't you at least care about Rebekah."

"Two seconds ago, you were pissed that she attacked you. It's a win-win." He tells her. Elena goes to leave but he blocks her way. "Don't do anything to screw this up, Elena."

She looks at him. "Why are you doing this?"

Stefan walks in. "He's right, you know. Klaus has to die. They all do."

Damon smirks. "See? It's democracy in action."

Elena leaves, knocking into Damon on her way out and spilling his drink.

At the Mikaelson mansion, Elijah is walking around the study and finds the burnt sage his mother used last night.

Rebekah enters the living room, where Kol and Klaus are.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl." Kol smirks.

She rolls her eyes. "Get out of my way, Kol."

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." She threatens. She sees Klaus smile. "Don't start, Nik!"

"I didn't say anything." He says, smile still on his face.