Chapter Thirty Nine: Know Thy Enemy

"Hello, Elena. It's nice to see you again." Isobel smiles.

Jenna looks at Elena. "Again?" She asks. Elena is at a loss for words.

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena. May I come in?"

"N-n-no." Elena says. "Don't...don't invite her in."

"I need to talk to you, Elena."

"No!" She slams the door in Isobel's face and looks at Jenna, who's crying.

"You knew she was still alive? Ric? John? Did they know?"

"I can explain everything, Jenna."

She shakes her head. "No."

"No. Jenna, please." Jenna runs upstairs and she follows after her. "Jenna, please. Wait. Jenna, please wait." She pleads. Jenna goes inside her bedroom and slams the door, leaving Elena standing in the hallway. "Jenna, you have to talk to me. I...I need to explain what's going on. Jenna, please."

Jenna sits on the floor, crying.

Katherine looks at the pictures in Trinity's room. She sees a picture of a smiling couple an infant in the mother's arms.

Trinity walks in. "Snooping again?"

Katherine points to the picture. "Is this you?"

Trinity walks up to her. "Yeah."

"Your parents look happy."

"They were." Trinity says, a somber smile on her face.

"Got anymore baby pictures?"

Trinity laughs. "None that I'm showing you." She pulls Katherine away.

"So do I get a tour?" She asks. "We pretty much skipped straight to the bedroom."

"Sure." She says. "I can't wait to show you the bathroom."

"Why?"

"So we can use the Jacuzzi."

Trinity closes her eyes as she leans against Katherine. "This is just what I needed."

Katherine nips her ear. "A nice bath with your very sexy girlfriend?"

Trinity smiles. "That's the first time you ever said it."

"What?"

"Girlfriend."

"Well what did you think we are?"

"I didn't know how to bring it up. I've never been in a relationship before; I wasn't sure how to go about defining it."

"Well it's been defined."

"Say it again."

"I'm your girlfriend." She whispers into her ear. Trinity leans her head back and connects their lips. Their kiss grows more passionate when the phone rings. Trinity groans. "Leave it." Katherine says.

"It could be important." Trinity mumbles against her lips.

"They can call back later." She says, kissing her again. The phone stops ringing, only to ring again a minute later.

Trinity pulls back and reaches towards the wall near the Jacuzzi, pressing one of the many buttons. "Hello?" She asks.

"Trinity?" Stefan's voice rings through the room.

"Yeah Stefan?"

"Isobel's back."

"What?!"