Chapter Seventy Four: We'll Always Have Bourbon Street

At the Boarding house, Damon wakes up only to find that he is alone in bed. He lifts his head and looks around the room. "Elena?"

She walks out of the bathroom clad in only lingerie and Damon's shirt. She walks over to the bed. "Hey." She greets.

"Hey." He looks at her as she jumps into the bed. "Thought you might've left."

"No I don't have to be at school for..." She looks at her bare wrist, feigning looking at a watch. "At least twenty minutes ago." She presses a slow kiss to his lips before pulling away. "What's that face?"

"What face?" He asks, smiling.

"That face."

"I'm happy." He says, making Elena smile as well and kiss him. She rolls on top of him and lifts his chin with a finger as they continue to kiss.

At the Forbes house, Caroline paces back and forth. "This is a disaster!"

"Look, we don't know anything for sure," Stefan says.

"Yes, we do! Elena is sired to Damon! Which means her one singular burning desire is to make him happy, just like Klaus and his hybrids!"

"No, it's not. A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way."

Damon closes his eyes as Elena trails kisses down his chest.

"We already know it's affecting her. She's become Damon's lapdog." Caroline says. Stefan looks at her. "It's true! Everything he says, she agrees with. Everything he asks her to do...she does."

Damon pulls away from Elena's lips and lays a kiss on her stomach. He begins to trail kisses up her chest.

"We need to do something." Caroline pulls out her phone, ready to call Elena.

"Wait, no, hold on Caroline." Stefan stops her. "This isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know what's happening for sure."

"I need to talk to Tyler, okay? Maybe he'll know what to do."

Stefan nods. "Alright talk to Tyler but please don't tell anyone else. If this is true, then it may have influence on Elena's every action and emotion since she became a vampire."

Damon pulls away from Elena lips and begins to kiss her neck. Elena digs her nails into his back, bringing blood to the surface. Damon hisses for a moment and continues sucking on her neck.

At the abandoned barn, Adrian; a hybrid, is chained up. Hayley, Tyler and Kimberley stand nearby, watching as he transforms into a wolf.

Adrian screams in pain. "Please, no more, I can't!" He pants.

"Yes, you can," Tyler tells him. "Block out the pain." The hybrid screams in pain once again.

Kimberley walks over to him. "That's enough. This is torture."

"Kim, stop. He needs to finish." Hayley says.

"Not today, he doesn't." She begins to unchain Adrian.

"Yes, today. Nate, Dean, and Chris are all dead, which makes Adrian Klaus' right hand. We can't let Adrian anywhere near Klaus until his sire bond is completely broken."

"Hayley is right. The bond isn't broken until he doesn't feel the pain of transformation anymore. If we want to get back at Klaus for everything he's done to us, Adrian has to keep turning." Tyler says.

"He doesn't have to do anything. Isn't that the point of breaking the sire bond...free will?" Kimberley asks. Hayley and Tyler exchange a look. "Let's go, Adrian." She gathers her friend and they leave the barn.