Chapter Fifty Seven: Bringing Out The Dead

"You look surprised to see me." Elijah says. "So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?"

"You look like you could do with a drink." Klaus tells him. "And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?" Elijah attacks him; Klaus flies through a window. "Easy. I just finished renovating. You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family." Elijah attacks him again, Klaus un-daggers Kol and threatens Elijah with the dagger. "Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!"

"Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with."

"Mikael is dead."

Elijah looks at him. "What did you say?"

"I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone Elijah. Forever."

"Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century."

"Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."

"What are you doing?"

Klaus daggers Kol again. "Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again." He closes Kol's coffin.

Stefan ducks and the glass shatters against the wall. He looks at the mess. "That was a bit dramatic."

"I just thought that it would set the tone for the conversation." Trinity says.

Stefan sits in a chair across the room. "So talk."

"You first."

Stefan sighs, rolling his eyes. "Really, Trinity?"

"I'm not going to sit here and rant at you about everything you did wrong. You know what you did, there's no use repeating it. But feel free to air you regrets."

"I don't regret anything."

"Really?" Trinity skeptically. "So you don't regret losing all your friends and your girlfriend when you lost your emotions? Or hurting Elena in your devious plot to destroy Klaus?"

"What happened to not ranting at me?"

"I'm not, but if you're going to sit there and lie to my face, we're in for a long night."

"Why don't you tell me what you think is wrong with me? There must be a lot you have to say." He says. "I mean...other teens spent their summers partying with their friends, you spent yours watching me kill people. Helping me put bodies back together. You even killed someone yourself. So tell me Trinity, what do you really think of me? What have you been holding in that you won't let anyone else know?"

"I'm not holding anything in." She says. "Not anymore."

"I thought that we weren't going to lie to each other."

"You really want to know?" She asks. "Well here it is; as much as I love you, I kinda hate you Stefan."

"There it is." He puts his hands in the air before letting them drop.

"I'm mean; it's not the first time that I felt that this was a one-sided friendship. Ask yourself Stefan, when have you ever sacrificed something for me?" She asks. "How many times have you risked your life for me and not the other way around?" Stefan's face begins to darken. "How many times are you going to apologize for not being there for me and then immediately go back to ignoring me?"