Chapter Seventy: The Five

"We're sorry. The number you have reached is not in service at this time. Please check the number or try your call again." Trinity sighs and puts the phone down.

Stefan walks in. "Couldn't reach her?" He asks.

Trinity shakes her head. "No."

He sits down next to her. "You know Katherine. She never stays gone for long. You'll see her again."

"Yeah." She looks at him. "You guys finish getting a hold of the others?"

Stefan nods. "Yeah, they'll be here in a bit."

Damon walks into the parlor with a drink in his hand. "And we'll finally be able to here where've you been this whole time."

"Even after I'm done explaining, you might not believe me," Trinity says. "But until the others get here, what've I missed?"

Stefan sighs and begins to explain.

Stefan finishes his explanation when the front door opens.

"Stefan?" Elena calls, walking into the parlor. "I got your message. What's wr-" She stops when she sees Trinity.

Trinity stands up. "Hey."

"How...? Did Bonnie do something?" Elena asks.

Jeremy walks in. "Y'know, not everyone has your speed." He sees Trinity and stops. "Whoa."

"Hi, Jeremy." Trinity greets.

"Are you a ghost?" He asks.

Trinity shakes her head. "No."

"Then how are you here?"

"I'll explain when everyone gets here."

Elena finally snaps out of her shocked state and flashes towards Trinity, wrapping her arms around the girl. "You're alive." She says into her neck.

Trinity hugs her back. "I'm alive."

The door opens again and Caroline, Matt, and Bonnie walk in. "Tyler couldn't come," Caroline says. "Klaus' hybrids won't let him out of their sight." She sees Trinity. "Oh my god." Matt and Bonnie follow her line of sight and their eyes widen.

Trinity and Elena pull away from each other. Trinity smiles at them. "Hi, guys." She greets. "I know I have a lot to explain, but you'll find out as soon as everyone is here."

Caroline looks around. "But everyone is here."

Stefan speaks up. "Everyone but Rebekah."

"Rebekah?" Elena asks, distaste in her voice.

"Stefan told me what she put you through and I think it's terrible, but she needs to be here."

"But if Original Blondie makes one move-" Damon starts.

"That won't happen," Trinity tells him.

Caroline walks towards Trinity and hugs her. "It's good to have you back."

The door opens and Rebekah walks in. "I hope whatever you called me for is important or I'm going to be..." She stops.

Trinity pulls away from Caroline and turns to face Rebekah. "Rebekah." She says.

Rebekah slowly walks into the room. "How are you here? What did they do?"

"They didn't do anything." She says. "I'm back."

Rebekah stands in front of Trinity and slowly lifts a hand, caressing the girl's face. She feels the warm skin under her touch. "You're alive." She whispers.