Chapter Ten: The Turning Point

"Why are you here Logan?" Jenna asks.

"I missed you. I was out of town."

"Yeah." She rolls her eyes. "I got the email."

"You got an email?" He asks, confused.

"You didn't send an email?"

"I can explain. Just invite me in and I tell you everything."

She shakes her head. "I'm not gonna invite you in. Forget it!"

"Come on Jenna. It's me!"

"The answer is no!"

"I know you. You're always one step from 'maybe', tidy nasty 'yes'."

She scoffs. "You've just pointed it out that I've no self-control. Clever strategy!" She says before slamming the door in his face.

Logan walks down the street when a woman passes him. "Good evening." She greets before she stops and looks at him. "Hey, you're the guy from the news, Logan Fell." She smiles. "I watch you every night. Oh, I used to, I mean. You've been missing from my TV."

He shrugs. "I took some time off."

"I noticed. I'm Daphne."

Logan looks up and down the street before looking at her. "Hey you know something, Daphne?"

"No, what?" She asks before feeling Logan's teeth tear into her neck.

At the boarding house, Trinity sits in the living room with Stefan and Damon.

"So any ideas where you're gonna go?" Stefan asks Damon.

"I don't know." Damon says. "London, maybe! See some friends."

"You don't have any friends, Damon."

"You're right Stefan. I only have you. So, where we're going?"

"We are not going anywhere. Trinity and I are leaving, and I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible."

"But we're team! We could travel the world together. We can try 'The Amazing Race'" Damon says.

Trinity looks up from her book. "Oh!" She says. "That's a good idea. Add that to the list." She tells Stefan.

"That's fine! Seriously, where you're going because we are not staying in this town." Stefan tells Damon.

They hear the doorbell ring and look at each other in confusion. Stefan gets up and answers the door.

Sheriff Forbes is on the other side. "I'm here to see Damon."

Stefan gives a confused nod. "Sure, ok." He steps back as Damon comes to the door.

Damon smiles. "Sheriff, what a surprise!"

"Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk." She says.

"Come in."

Damon and Liz walk in the garden. "I hope you understand the secrecy." Damon tells her. "Stef doesn't know about this yet and I'd like to keep it that way."

She nods. "Of course, kids are too young to be brought into this."

"So, what you need?"

"There's been another attack." Liz says. A worried look forms on Damon's face. "A female victim, throat tore out, completely drained of blood. If it's repeater..."

"I'm sorry I don't understand. I thought we solved that problem when...I staked the blond one."

"I think that she must have turned someone, or multiple someone's." She shakes her head. "I don't know. The story for the town is another animal attack but I'm not sure how long we can keep lying to them. The council is in uproar. We thought we were passed this."