Chapter Sixty Nine: The Rager

Stefan lies in bed, fiddling with his necklace.

Flashback

"Happy Birthday." Trinity says, holding out a small box. Stefan takes it from her. "If I had more time to gift search, I would've gotten something a lot cooler." Stefan opens the box to see two necklaces in the shape of a broken heart; one with the sun on it and the other with the moon. "They're friendship necklaces that change color with you mood." She lifts them from the box. "I'm the sun." She takes hers and holds the other out to Stefan. "And you're the moon."

Lexi looks at the gift. "Cool." She says. She snatches it from Stefan's hand. "I'll put it on you." She says.

"Thank you," Stefan says as she fastens it around his neck. "And thank you." He says to Trinity as he takes the necklace from her hand; motioning her to turn around. She turns and lifts her hair up. Stefan puts the necklace on her and turns her back around.

Trinity lifts up her half of the necklace and Stefan lifts up his. They connect it together, creating a full heart. "Best friends forever." She smiles before hugging him. Stefan laughs as he lifts her from the ground.

Present

Stefan smiles as he remembers Trinity.

Flashback

Stefan dances around his bedroom with Trinity. "Okay, you're getting it. Now, one more time." He leads Trinity around the room. "I've never heard this song before, what is it?"

"It's called 'Anywhere'." She tells him. "By Evanescence."

"It's nice." He says.

Present

Stefan wipes away a stray tear.

Allison brushes the dust off of the coffin before opening it. She looks at Trinity's body. "Any day now." She says. She waits a few more minutes but Trinity does not move. She sighs, sitting on the edge of the casket. She takes a closer look at Trinity and sees a necklace around her neck. She reaches out to it. Her hand is centimeters away when suddenly Trinity's hand clamps around her wrist. Allison jolts, startled.

Trinity looks at the girl. "Don't touch that." She releases Allison's wrist and the girl back away. She sits up and gets out of the coffin. "Who the hell are you?"

"My name's Allison. Allison Rayne."

Trinity looks at her. "Rayne; the true. You're part of the Council."

"Apparently."

Trinity closes the coffin. "Well, let's get out of here. We've got some things to do." She crouches before jumping out of the deep hole.

Allison sighs and jumps as well. She looks at the coffin. "We have to re-bury this unless we won't the cops looking for a grave robber." She says. Trinity looks at the grave and waves her hand. The dirt pulls itself back into the hole. Once it's filled, grass grows above it. Allison raises her eyebrows. "Cool trick."

"I learned a few things while I was down." Trinity smiles. "Let's go."

Trinity and Allison walk into the tunnel, flashlights in their hands.

Trinity opens the door and steps in, Allison follows in after. They shine their lights around but only see a large cavern and angelic statues.

"This is supposed to be our home?" Allison asks. Trinity doesn't answer the girl as she travels deeper into the cavern. "So, are you gonna do your thing? Wave your hand and turn this place into a palace?"