Chapter Thirty Three: By the Light of the Moon

Tyler is in his father's office. He's re-watching the video of Mason's transformation while he's preparing everything for the full moon. He takes his phone and calls Mason, but gets no answer. He leaves a message. "Mason, it's Tyler again. Look, your cell's voice mail is full. I need to talk to you. It's a full moon tomorrow and...I found your recording and I'm freaking out over here. So, just call me back, please."

At Mason's apartment, a woman walks into the room and listens to Tyler as he leaves a message on Mason's home phone's answering machine.

Elena is in her bedroom with Bonnie. She looks at the moonstone. "Now that you've got this back, what are you gonna do with it?" She asks.

"Right now, it's what is binding the Sun and the Moon Curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless."

"And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful."

"Maybe. If he finds out."

"Bonnie, can't this wait? Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out."

"Stefan wants me to focus on this."

"Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong."

"I'm taking Stefan's side with this one. We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual."

Jeremy walks in. "What are you guys arguing about?"

Bonnie takes the stone from Elena's hand. "We're not arguing about anything." She puts the stone in her bag and looks at Jeremy. "I need a coffee." She gets up and leaves.

Elena looks at Jeremy. "What?" She asks.

"Why are you on some suicide mission?"

"I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt."

"Oh so, bringing Klaus the moonstone so you can get yourself killed is okay?" He shakes his head as he leaves.

Elena waits a beat and takes the moonstone from Bonnie's bag. She quietly hurries down the stairs, car keys in her hands.

Bonnie sees her. "Where are you going?"

Elena turns around. "Um, to see Stefan."

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not."

"Really? Tell your face."

"Are you serious?"

Jeremy rejoins them. "She took the moonstone."

Elena looks between them. "How did you...?"

"We tested you, and you failed." Bonnie tells her.

"Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she crossed him. I can't let that happen." She says. Bonnie steps aside and lets her leave. Elena looks mildly confused as she walks down the stairs and opens the door to leave, but an invisible barrier prevents her. She's trapped. She turns around and looks at them. "What did you do?"

"It's for the best, Elena." Bonnie looks at Jeremy, whose smiling. Elena continues to try to break the barrier, to no avail.

Stefan is talking with Damon, who stands at the entrance of the tomb. "You trapped her in the house?"

Damon shrugs. "Trinity's idea. It's for the best. Trust me. Elena is on a martyr tear that rivals your greatest hits. You should be glad the witch and I are even getting along. I brought you this." He gives him a bag. "Care package: candles, lanterns and lunch." He shows him a bottle of blood.