Chapter Fourteen: Fool Me Once

Elena groggily awakens. She spots Ben sitting in a chair by the end of the bed, sleeping. She gasps and sits up frantically. Elena looks around for a way out and stares at the front door. She looks from Ben to the door, estimating if she can make it without waking him. Quietly, she slides off the bed and slowly steps over Ben's outstretched leg. She slowly backs up to the door, keeping an eye on Ben. Elena unlocks the deadbolt on the door, looking back at Ben occasionally. She turns the lock on the door and prepares to open it.

"I wouldn't." Ben says, making her gasps and spins around. Ben inches towards Elena and uses his compulsion on her.

"Don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand?"

"I understand." She feigns.

Ben scoffs and turns around to get a bottle of blood out of the mini fridge. Elena opens the front door and bolts out, but Anna blocks her escape. Anna grabs Elena by the hair and pushes her back into the motel room. "Seriously?!" She asks.

"I told her not to move! I did that eye thing that you taught me!"

"And forgot the lesson about vervain! She dates a vampire, Ben. Duh!" She pushes Elena up against a wall and opens the bathroom door.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Elena asks.

"Does it matter?" Anna forcefully pushes her into the bathroom and shuts the door.

Elena flips the light switch and calmly searches the room for another exit. She looks over towards the bathtub and sees Bonnie lying in it, unconscious. Elena rushes over to her. "Bonnie?" She lifts her friends head up. "Oh my god!"

Damon is in the study, reading through Emily's grimoire. Stefan enters the room with an anxious look on his face. Damon does not look up at him.

"Anna took Elena." Stefan tells him.

"Yeah, I got that from your 600 voicemails."

Stefan strides across the room towards Damon. "Damon, all night long, every single street in town, I've been searching. Trinity's going around town trying to find a scent. What if your blood hasn't passed out of her system?"

"Well, then at least you know you'll see her again."

"Please." He sits down on the sofa, next to Damon. "What do you know? You were with Anna; you must know where she living. Just tell me where I can find her."

He looks up at Stefan. "Nope. You can go. Really."

"You know, all I can remember is hating you. There might have been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased anything good about you." Stefan tells him. Damon lays the grimoire down and gives his attention to Stefan. "But see, I also know you have just as much reason to hate me. This all began with me. Katherine got taken away from you because of me. And I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted."

"So please, just tell me what you know."

"Huh."

"It's Elena, Damon." He pleads. "If you know something, tell me."

Damon stands up and Stefan mimics him, looking at Damon with anxiety. "I mean this sincerely." Stefan nods, anticipating his answer. "I hope Elena dies." He says before walking past him and leaving the room.

Elena wets a cloth in the sink and places it on Bonnie's forehead. Bonnie slowly opens her eyes. "Bonnie?" She asks.

"Elena?"

"Oh, you're okay!"

"My head..."

"Come here." Elena pulls her upright.