Chapter Thirty Eight: The House Guest

Elena bursts out of the bathroom, pulling on an undershirt. Stefan stands in the middle of his bedroom, buttoning up his shirt. She strides quickly over to a chair containing her backpack. "Stefan, we're late for school."

He smiles flirtatiously. "Let's be later."

"Stefan, it's school. Remember, that thing that we keep forgetting about?" She says. He walks up behind her and wraps his arms around her. "Hey!"

Stefan turns her around so she is facing him and pulls her in closer. "School?" He pulls her in for a deep kiss, Elena giggles when he pulls back. "Doesn't ring a bell." He growls and picks her up, carrying her over to the bed and continuing to kiss her.

She laughs. "Stefan!" He kisses her neck as Elena continues to laugh playfully. They fall down on the bed together.

"Stefan! Ok, 5 minutes, only 5 minutes."

He growls. "Five minutes?!" He kisses her again.

'Elena' is dressed and she's putting on her coat. She sees that Damon is reading one of Jonathan Gilbert's journals. "Good morning, Damon."

He looks at her and pushes her against the wall. "What are you doing here? I told you to leave."

"What is your problem?" She asks, shocked.

"You're wearing her clothes? Like that's going to work."

"You think I'm Katherine? Why would you think that? Katherine's in the tomb! Isn't she?" She asks, panicked.

Stefan walks up to them. "What the hell's going on here?"

"I don't know, you tell me. Is Katherine in the tomb or not?"

Stefan flashes back upstairs and over to Elena, pushing her against the wall.

"What are you doing?!" She asks.

"How could you do this?!"

"Stefan, you're hurting me!"

"Stop it, Katherine!"

"Stop what?" She walks into the room. Stefan and Elena look at her in shock. She smirks at Elena. "It's getting really easy being you."

Trinity and Damon walk in. "What the hell is going on?" She asks.

Elena looks at Katherine. "What is she doing here?"

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb." Damon explains.

"How's that possible?" Stefan asks.

"He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills." Katherine smirks.

"I don't want you here." Elena says before looking at Stefan. "Get her out of here."

She scoffs. "You need me, Elena. You all do."

"Like hell." Stefan glares.

"We all want the same thing...Klaus dead. Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off."

"I don't need your help and I don't want it." Elena tells her.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?"

"If you know something, say it or get out." Damon says.

"Fine. Then I'll just go to the grill and have some lunch...maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite." She teases before walking out of the room.

Trinity gives them an apologetic look before following after her.

She finds Katherine in the bedroom that she uses. "What the hell was that?" She asks.