Chapter Seventy-Eight: A View To Kill

Allison grunts as her back slams into the ground, Lydia following close after. Malia growls and slashes her claws at Trinity, who deftly dodges again and again with her hands calmly clasped behind her back.

"You're getting angry," Trinity says. "It might make you a little stronger, but it's also making you a lot sloppier." She blocks a punch with her forearm and slams her palm forward. Malia joins the other two girls on the floor. "There's no point in strength if you don't know how to apply it and when. Not only do you overexert yourself; but you also leave yourself open for attacks. Make every move you make necessary. Unlike me, you guys aren't immortal. If you aren't careful you will die." She replaces her hands and settles into a 'ready' stance. "Again."

Stefan wakes up with Rebekah's arm around him. He looks at the sleeping blonder before slowly removing her arm and getting out of the bed. He flashes around the room, putting his clothes on quickly and quietly. He puts on his jacket and opens the door to leave only to be greeted by Klaus.

"Leaving so soon?" The Hybrid smirks.

Rebekah angrily wraps a robe around herself. "This is my place, Nik, and I don't appreciate you invading my privacy like some kind of creeping Tom."

"Well, I apologize for breaking up this sordid little tryst, but I do have some urgent business. Or have you forgotten...our paranoid brother Kol is running around with the white oak stake and homicide on the brain?"

"He tried to kill me last night. I didn't forget."

"Yes, well, unfortunately, he seems to have absconded with my set of daggers."

"Oh, poor Nik. However, will you get your way without your precious daggers? They were so handy when you wanted to end a conversation with one of us!"

"Kol's irrational fear of Silas has pushed him over the edge. We need to put him down before he does any more damage. Now, I know you have the last dagger, and I know you have some white ash, so hand it over."

"Mhm, and leave myself unprotected? You can file that request under 'no chance in hell.' Be gone by the time I have showered. Lurkers aren't welcome here." She walks into the bathroom.

Klaus looks to Stefan. "I need that dagger, Stefan. Talk some sense into her."

"Why don't you talk some sense into her? I'm headed home to play prison guard to Damon. He's on lockdown ever since Kol compelled him to kill Jeremy last night." He says.

"You see? That's my point exactly. If you let Kol roam free, then Jeremy won't live to see his junior prom, and we can kiss our map to the cure goodbye. But if you help me dagger Kol, Damon will be uncompelled, Jeremy will live, and we'll all be on our merry way to a human Elena."

At the school, Bonnie assists in preparing for the school dance by blowing up balloons, talking on the phone as she does so.

"Where are you?" Elena asks.

"I told Caroline that I'd take her place at decade dance prep, but none of the rest of you showed."

Back at the cabin, Elena picks up a bag of chips off of Matt and places them on the table as he and Jeremy continue to play a videogame.

"I know, I'm sorry. I had to, though. I have Jeremy under house arrest because Kol wants to kill him, and Klaus wants to take him on some vampire-slaying road trip. And since neither of them are invited in, it's the only place I can keep them safe."

"Why does it sound like you're under fire?" Bonnie asks, hearing the noise over the phone line.

"Apparently I'm living in a fraternity house now."