Crazy

Dominick POV

I climbed out of the pool, nearly smirking to myself just how up to par she was with me. Rarely a girl would ever be so bold. Most of the time they squealed about their make up or something along those lines, but Lana played the game. I wandered over to her, grabbing another beer from the cooler and handing her one before even attempting to listen to the conversation.

"So Lana, how many times have you been sent over there?" Joe mumbled between a bite of his burger.

"O wow-" She managed a awkward laugh."Umm hundreds, I'm a specialist so I'm not your everyday soldier so speak." She took a sip of her beer as my mom smirked towards me. She was pleased I could tell just by the way she looked at me... At us.

"Tell me; How is my son so lucky to have come across you?" Lana blushed and lowered her eyes before laughing weakly.

"Miss Cruz-"

"Call me Suz."

"Suz, I um- I work for Dana White's brother. He's my Commander so we happened to stumbled across each other's paths. Your son decided to start a conversation by ruining a book I was trying to read in my small amount of free time." I couldn't help but laugh as she shot a playful glare at me. " Which also reminds me I plan to spar you and kick your ass." The people around us hooted and hollered before I smirked and motioned to the door.

"Then ladies first."

"I'll need to borrow a shirt." Lana grabbed her shorts and left her cover up before walking inside. I grabbed one of my shirts, I would be lying if I didn't admit I loved her in my clothes already. I led the way to the gym room, the room was clean with a matted floor. Urijah and Joe had joined us of course.

"Gi or no Gi?" She scoffed at my question.

"No Gi! I can't believe you asked that question." A smirk now graced her lips and she stretched before looking to me. "Let me know when you're ready. " I scooped her up not giving any warning. I didn't know what I was about to go through. It was scary how every move I made she used against me. It was less than thirty seconds before she had my neck and arm locked into a triangle. I tapped reluctantly before she smirked. "Anyone else care to play?"

"Dom kicks my ass" Urijah raised his hands in defeat. Joe shrugged nearly smirking. He was a big guy, bulky and surely close to seventy pounds more than her.

"I'll be careful. Big guys go down a lot harder." She smirked slightly. Since I was watching now I could see just how advanced she was in her technique. She was five steps ahead of her opponent. In less than a minute she had Joe in a arm bar as he tapped out. I offered my hand and helped her up before nearly grinning.

"I surely underestimated you."

"Who trained you?" Joe rubbed his shoulder.

"I don't know his name-" Lana took a deep breath to recover." -His name was classified, but he trained me and those I work with at base. We're a bit more advanced." She shrugged slightly. Joe and Urijah led the way out of the gym room, yet she stopped us a little bit. I gingerly pushed her against the wall, her lips finding mine within a split second. It gave me chills feeling her hands slide down my chest, but it was intoxicating. I hated when she pulled away, a playful smile on her lips.

"I was tired of the crowd watching us kiss-" She admitted looking down for only a second. "-I know we sort of just met, but I don't want you to think I'm not interested." I chuckled slightly and ran my hand along her arms.

"Well if you stay the night it will just be us tomorrow. I make a boss ass breakfast." Lana bit her bottom lip slightly over the scar before nodding.

"I think I can agree to those terms." I took her hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Perfect. Now let's eat I'm starving." I let her lead the way, only now did I notice the long yet thin scar along her back near the watercolor bird tattoo. "Lana-" I gently grabbed her hand. "-May I ask what this scar is from...?" She stopped and looked around after turning to me. Her demeanor had completely changed.

"I...I was tortured awhile ago." I could tell it hurt to talk about it, but she continued." A few years ago, when I was an assassin-" A nervous laugh passed her lips before she shrugged." -I guess I should just tell you now. I was engaged a long time ago and...He was with me. They tortured him-" She couldn't look me in the eyes as she bit her lips together for a moment. "-He was tortured to death in front of me. Our people found me before they really got to leave any permanent marks on me... My lip is from a dagger and the scar on my back is from a hot wire... If I tried to move around it -it burned into my skin." I tilted her chin up, seeing those blue eyes well with tears, yet none left. I pulled her into my arms and placed my head on her shoulder. Already I was so protective of her.

"I'm sorry beautiful." I kissed her neck before letting her go and brushing her cheeks with my thumbs. "I already hate seeing you sad. You don't have to talk about it. Just know I'm here for you alright?" She nodded a little before we walked back outside. Derek, my brother was setting up some of the fireworks. I sat on one of the outdoor sofas and pulled Lana onto my lap, engulfing her in my arms. I felt like home more than ever sitting here watching the fireworks with her. Shoving our faces with food. My mother glanced to me and cracked a smile, I smiled back for a moment before kissing her shoulder over the end of the scar. I wondered what she'd been through. What those blue eyes saw. What those hands had held. Then again she and I were the same yet so different. Two fighters, fighting for different things.