Pleasure Of A Ending

Lana POV

I enjoyed night time the most. Why you ask? Because this city didn't have electricity and beating the living shit out of me in the dark wouldn't be worth the trouble nor the waste of a flashlight battery.

My calves were cramped to no end, I felt my legs shaking under my weight as I lifted myself with my arms. Those too were beginning to give out on me. Part of me wished death would come soon. Swift like a lover's embrace. I tried clearing my throat to breath, blood pooled in my mouth as I irritated the internal damage to my throat. I had only made the situation worse it seemed and spit the blood to the floor before looking to the window.

The quiet sounds of crickets and far away gun fire trickled through the opening. It wasn't till I really listened that I noticed with each passing moment the gunfire grew louder. Maybe this was it. I would be killed swiftly like an animal or violently like a enemy. At least the end was near. I glanced to the door hearing the locks start to creak, was now the time to say a prayer? Purge my mind of my sins? All the people whose lives I took and beg for forgiveness. I scoffed to myself mentally, surely if there was a Hell I more than likely already had my ticket there.

I heard their voices and cursed under my breath, pulling myself up slightly more with the rope as the door opened. They were hollering, I could hear gunshots booming against my over sensitive eardrums. Painful bliss. I opened my eyes as my arms gave out, yet I wasn't dead. Yet. I tried my best to stay on my toes until the rope gave loose and I fell to knees, placing a hand over my shoulder.

"Lana!" I heard a voice I thought I would never hear again. Kiki was running from where she'd cut down the rope. " We gotta get her out of her! She's been shot in the shoulder! Make us a exit route Will! Keith destroy this place including that camera." Kiki was quickly wrapping my shoulder before Jason lifted me up. "Lana can you answer me?" I opened my mouth to speak yet my voice gave out before it even passed my lips.

My head fell against Jason's shoulder as my eyes grew heavy. Sleep sounded really good right about now and the blood loss made it all the more appealing to my oxygen deprived brain.

The next time I awoke I knew where I was just by the smell coming from the window. Home. I sat up, which in turn took my breath away with sheer pain. My eyes ached as I looked over and saw Shirley staring at me.

"Relax! We just got you settled. They had to sedate you for the flight because of your breathing. How are you feeling? I've gotta take the bullet out are you up for that?" I opened my mouth to speak yet once again my voice didn't make a sound. I sighed slightly and started signing to her.

Don't put me out. Just numb it.

" Alright." She mumbled and I sat up, adjusting the shorts I knew Kiki had put on me. The pattern was surely giving away that they were her booty shorts. Only now could I see my legs, bruised from top to bottom and both my thighs wrapped in a spot. I was utterly grateful that someone had given me a bath, once again it was probably Kiki. Shirley helped me move from the bed to the chair, my head instantly spinning until I sat down once more. "Be honest how are you feeling?" I shrugged before looking at her tug off the bandage over the wound. Erik walked in and waved.

"You look like shit." I smirked before giving him the middle finger.

"Don't come over here and contaminate my operating area."

You heard what she said. She'll kick your ass. I signed before glancing over again. Her tools were deep in my shoulder until she tugged out the bullet then began to stitch up the wound.

"Little miss badass over here getting operated on while she's awake. How you feeling?" He smirked looking at the wound.

Like I got hit by a truck. A big one. I motioned to the lights for him to lower them. My eyes ached to no end.

"They'll be sensitive for awhile. They're pretty blood shot." Shirley mumbled before motioning to the mirror. My neck was purple, deep purple, the rope pattern indented into my skin. She was right about my eyes. I had looked like I had just smoked a blunt or something and my cheek a shade of blue and purple bruising. "Alright Erik you can let her guests in now. I'm going to go get her paperwork together. Don't try and move too much you've got broken and cracked ribs. I think one is intacted." She rolled her eyes. "Remind me to teach you not to piss off people with bats." I didn't hear a word she said in that moment. Erik let the three people I was dying to see into the room. I stood, yet Dom rushed over and held me up slightly, his lips finding mine. I felt tears rush down my cheek, taking in the familiar scent of his cologne, the feeling of his skin and fabric of his shirt, the way his arms wrapped around me in a gentle manner.

"I love you. Don't scare me like that again." His lips brushed against my neck before he carefully helped me sit down. I didn't even hear I love you for a few seconds after. Maybe neither of us knew what I truly meant.

I love you too. I motioned and mouthed it at the same time.

"Her vocal cords are damaged." Erik stated as Suzette and Rosa came over and hugged me slightly, both crying.

"I am going to kick your ass!" Rosa said through tears before tilting my chick slightly so she could see my neck better. "Erik are the people who did this dead?"

"All but one." I looked at him for a moment. "Naomi."

I know. I hope you know she's mine to deal with. He nodded slowly before I lowered my eyes for a moment. Revenge would be sweet even if it meant not opening myself fully to you.