Relapse

Lana POV

It hurts watching him struggle with himself. The internal battle not to push his body. Maybe this was what led to what was about to happen. What made me relapse into oblivion.

" How are you feeling?" I mumbled sitting down a snack in front of him as he adjusted his brace.

"Crippled."

"Only one more month Dom." I managed a half smile yet he glanced at me. A sigh escaped my lips as I sat down and crossed my arms. "Don't take out your displeasure on me." He scoffed and sat back before shaking his head.

"You don't fucking get it then Lana. While you're off saving the world and all that shit I'm stuck! Right fucking here!" Dom never yelled at me, yet he sat up and closed in on me. I stood and went to the sink, cleaning up the pan without saying a word. He released an audible sigh. " Lana I'm -"

"You're what?" I sat the pan on the counter and turned to face him. "Upset cause you can't run or work out?! How the fuck do you think I felt?!" My jaw tensed slightly. "I couldn't even talk when Nicholas died! Let alone walk or do anything do myself. You know what? I'm not going to that fucking party tonight with you. Fuck you!" I snapped back before storming past him to grab my bag and keys. I knew that fight party meant the world to him. He was dying to show us off to his friends.

I slammed my car door closed and took a deep breath before starting it up and heading towards base, the only place I could semi clear my head. Truth be told my head was never fully clear. While driving I lit a cigarette, which I only smoked on two occasions. One when I was leaving to go overseas and two when Dom got hurt and I would head to the hospital.

Once I pulled up to the gate I was waved in and parked in my usual area before walking along one of the trails. My destination one I visited as much as possible. The two gravestones were large and side by side. I took another drag of my second cigarette before sitting down.

"I should be good at this whole talking thing, but I'm not. Apparently I get that from you two." I put out my cigarette by shoving it against the ground and shoving the butt of it into my jacket pocket. "I remember being a kid and always asking where you two were. Then as a teenager I got so angry. Angry because I felt like you left me. Now looking back I realize that what you two did was more of a sacrifice than giving up that job to raise me. I'm sorry for being a prick of a daughter at times. I don't visit on your birthdays or holidays." I laughed to myself as I stood. " What the hell am I doing." I started running towards my car, glancing at my watch.

The party was an hour away, surely it had already started. I dug in my trunk once I reached my car and thanked my lucky stars I had my navy dress packed as for shoes I'd make due with the heels I had on. Everything else would just have to be natural. I changed in the car before rushing off back towards the city.

It was later on that I finally pulled up to the hotel and handed the valet my key. I felt something unique. Dare I say butterflies in my stomach as I walked inside. Dana saw me first, yet he seemed more concerned than anything.

"Hey Honey, I'm surprised you came." I hugged him before looking around.

"I promised Dom I would come. Why what's wrong?"

"I was just about to send him home. He's a few drinks in and I don't want any fights starting."

"I'll grab him." I sighed softly as he grabbed my bicep.

"He's gonna be okay. He needs to relax. This injury isn't going to end him."

"That's what I keep telling him." I shrugged as he let go. Slowly I made my way through the party, I felt like a teenager looking for her date. My body froze when I saw those familiar brown hues catch onto my own gaze. It wasn't the fact of seeing him that made me freeze. No, it was the beautiful girl coiled to his side, her lips on his before she kept talking. His arm wasn't around her, but they were surely cozy in that booth.

The air left my lungs as she caught slight of me. I turned around and walked as quickly yet casually as I could towards the exit. I looked to the valet and handed him my ticket.

" Lana! Lana!" He grabbed my arm and I raised my hand to smack him, yet stopped myself. The mask I was so good at wearing was cracking as tears threatened to leave me eyes.

"Get the fuck off! You lost the right Dom! The right to speak to me the right to even look at me!" I yanked my arm away before laughing from the pain. "I knew a guy like you was too good to be true. You're just like all the others."

" Lana she came onto me and I didn't even know why she kissed-"

"Always worried about your public image right? Gotta be with the pretty ones. You know what Dom you had me fooled!" I poked at his chest. "I thought you understood that fighting doesn't make you. That fucking belt doesn't make you. You were in my eyes perfect without any of it. You're just another attention whore. Go fuck her brains out Dom." I patted his cheek with my hand before walking to my car as the valet pulled up.

" Lana! Baby please." He stood on that sidewalk as I drove off. Only when I was alone did I let the tears flood my vision and slip down my cheeks. I wanted nothing more than to drive this car off a cliff, but I didn't. Yet, a warrior could only be so strong for so long. The hardest part of it all you ask? Coming to terms with him telling me he loved me and wondering if he ever meant it.