I'll Kill For Him

Lana POV

I glanced to the clock, crossing my arms as I returned my eyes to the tv. Sleep wasn't on the schedule for tonight as I sat on base researching some footage from the mission. I was wearing my uniform and still nursing my bruised and battered body, but healing as normal even with the lack of rest.

"Go. To. Sleep." Kiki growled beside me as I laughed.

"No I'm almost done." My phone began to buzz on the table, Kiki sat up and made a face before answering.

" Mom? Is everything okay?" I froze and sat up, uncrossing my arms and snatching the phone.

"Mom?"

"Honey I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." She was crying and I stood, motioning for Kiki to shut everything down before I gathered my bag.

"Mom what's wrong?! Where are you?"

"I'm at the hospital-" She took a deep breath between her sobs. "Dom he-he got into a car accident and they-they don't know if he's gonna make it."

There were two times in my life I swore I felt my heart stop due to my emotions getting the better of me. One was when I came to terms that I was an orphan alone in this fucked up world. This was the second time when I realized I could have possibly lost the thing I'd come to care for the most, but took it for granted.

"I'm on my way." I hung up and shoved my phone in my pocket. Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes as I finished gathering my things.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Dom. Let's go." Kiki jogged after me as I ran out of the building towards my car. I tossed my bag in the backseat as did Kiki with hers before we climbed into my car and I sped off.

"Lana what is going on?"

"Dom he's- um" I swallowed the lump in my throat as I weaved through traffic with the emergency lights flashing on my car. "He's in the hospital. He was in a car accident and he might not make it. I swear he spends more time in the hospital than out of it." A weak and uneasy laugh came from my throat yet sounded like a whimper.

"Lana he's gonna be okay. You know Dom." I didn't answer and merely kept driving. My mind was racing of exactly what I would say, so much that I nearly slammed into another car at the hospital before shoving the car into park.

"Handle this!" I snapped at her before climbing out of the car with my bag and running inside the hospital to the nurse's station. "Where is Dominick Cruz's room?"

"Ma'am" I showed her my badge, my jaw tensing.

"Where the fuck is that room now? That is someone I care dearly about." She pointed down the hall.

"503."

"Thank you." I hollered walking down the hall. I knew I was in the right place when I saw Dana, Suzette, Rosa, Urijah, and another whom I didn't recognize. Him and Urijah were badly beaten up.

"Who the fuck are you?" The man with an Irish accent stood and started stalking over to me, yet I stood my ground.

"I could ask you the same damn question." Dana tugged him back.

"Conor, this is Lana. Dominick's ex-girlfriend." He scoffed and pointed in my face.

"Then I'm blaming this on you." I shot him a glare, yet Suzette engulfed me in a hug.

"What happened?" I mumbled and looked to Urijah who stood and hugged me as well.

"We had this Uber guy driving us around. The other guy ran the light and just slammed into us. The car flipped and Dom didn't have his seat belt on. He just bounced around and ended up outside of the car." I bit the inside of my cheek before looking to the closed hospital door. "They're getting him comfortable. He just got out of surgery a few minutes ago." I nodded before sitting down once they all let me go. My mind else where that I didn't even notice Kiki coming to sit beside me.

"I should have fucking answered all of those times." I whispered, sinking into the chair more. My eyes were heavy yet I couldn't sleep at the moment. Not until the nurse came out and looked at her clipboard.

"Miss Clark? Is there a Miss Clark and Miss Cruz here?" I was almost shocked at the fact that I was still somewhere in his records yet I stood and nodded. His mom gripped my hand. " The good news is he's through the worst of it. The surgery went well and they were able to repair the internal damage. He might wake up in a few hours, but he needs a lot of rest."

"O thank you so much." Suzette mumbled before she started tugging me along. Part of me wasn't ready for this yet. My stomach knotted seeing bruises decorate his face and arms, tiny cuts from glass crossed through his skin.

Suzette closed the door as I stood frozen at the end of the bed, chewing on my upper lip that was nearly bleeding at this point. She sat down in one of the chairs and took his hand, his watch was sitting on the table by his bedside, it surprised me he still wore it. Suzette motioned the seat cross from her before brushing her tears away with a handkerchief.

Only then did my feet carry me to the seat that I nearly fell onto as my eyes welled with tears. Gingerly I took his hand inbetween mine, it felt like nothing had changed. I regretted the months apart more than I regretting anything in a long time.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there." I mumbled and kissed the back of his hand before resting my head against his thigh as I closed my eyes. The melodic noise of the heart monitor seemingly pulled me under. Or maybe it was just the fact that I was finally home.