Moments

Lana POV

I felt something I hadn't felt in years. Peace. I had fallen asleep in arms that I knew wouldn't let me go. The sound of birds waking me up, then again I was still trying to get myself on California time. The clock on Dom's nightstand reading five am didn't bother me. I rolled over very slowly, his features still at rest and breathing calm. I closed my eyes and gently traced the muscles that ran along his torso. He stirred slightly and I stopped, opening my eyes for a moment.

"Why'd you stop..." He mumbled and pulled my body flush against his own. I cracked a smile and gently continued running my fingertips along his torso.

"I though I woke you...."

"Mmm I usually wake up early anyways..." Those chocolate eyes slowly fluttered open as a thumb stroked my hip. "Did you like yesterday?"

" Yeah... It was pretty good for a first date " I laughed quietly before placing my head against his chest. I could hear his slow heartbeat, only making my eyes grow heavier with each thump. Reluctantly I closed them once more only to give into sleeps embrace. This time I woke up alone, wearing his shirt that I had put on before bed last night. I rolled over and looked at the clock now reading eight before sighing softly.

"Morning..." I looked up to see Dom by the door, a tray of food for surely two in his hands. He sat it down and crawled into bed, sitting up and pulling the tray onto his lap. "I hope you're hungry..."

" Mmm is this how you wake up every girl that stays the night?" I grinned before laughing slightly along with him.

"Well most women that stay the night I sleep with and they are long gone before I wake up because I don't want to see them in the morning. You and I actually slept and I actually wanted to see you in the morning." He popped a grape in his mouth before almost smirking.

"Ah I haven't yet joined the body count? I surely must be doing something right." I shrugged, the playful grin still on my face before I took a bite of the eggs. Dare I admit they surpassed my own.

"There is more I'm interested in than a good fuck Lana." His playful demeanor changed into what I could best describe as brutal honesty.

He continued to eat, I was beginning to wonder where it all went considering his figure, than again the constant training probably burned off every precious calorie he consumed. I think I was lucky enough to get two of the five eggs on the plate in this case. I could only imagine his grocery bill.

After breakfast I grabbed my clothes before wandering into the master bathroom. This almost felt like home. A home I remembered long ago. I stopped and looked in the large mirror, noticing as always the scar on my lip. The memories that merged with it in my mind. "You look troubled..." I jumped and turned to my left, he was leaning in the doorway, sweats hanging on his hips. I didn't stop myself from nodding before I looked back in the mirror.

"I guess I'm thankful this tiny scar is only one of two that remains. I was covered in them years ago..."

"How old were you?"

"Twenty two." Dom slowly walked over, standing behind me and planting a trail of kisses along my neck then shoulder as he moved his oversized shirt so it hugged my arm. I couldn't help but see that wild glint in his eyes in the mirror, sending chills along my body. "What has caught your interest in me?" I chuckled and he embraced me from behind, looking in the mirror as well.

"You're no idiot. You actually use your brain. You're beautiful as I keep saying." I turned around and kissed him, shutting him up in the process. Needless to say I didn't shower alone. There was no longer that space between us. Surely if sex was what he was after then I'd know by the lack of interest afterwards. Yet Dom's interest was still there as we got dressed and I attempted to do something with my hair, giving into just throwing it in a ponytail "Wanna go to the gym with me?"

"Why don't you come to the gym on base? I'd love to show you around. I can even get you a badge, you'll be able to visit me." I turned around and leaned against the counter. He lifted me up and sat me on the counter, nodding before he kissed me.

"Sounds like a plan." He pulled away and I smirked seeing the tiny bruises trailing from his lower neck to chest. He looked down and chuckled.

"I know the guys at the gym are going to ask questions..."

"You can tell them it was another one of your conquests." I snickered and hopped off the counter, slipping into my tennis shoes. "We can keep us to ourselves for a little while. Enjoy the peace and quiet." I glanced back at him while grabbing my purse.

"I'd love that. I know the media will ask a lot of questions about you."

"Exactly why we should stay quiet. What I do isn't exactly normal..." He snatched his keys and sunglasses, leading the way out of the house and toward his sleek black car.

I directed him towards the base, looking out the window at the place I called home since I was a child. Not that I remembered my parents. We pulled up to the gate and I began to show my badge yet the man nodded.

"Welcome back Miss Clark."

"Thank you..." I sighed, I hated how well known I was around here. The name Clark brought fear to many. My father was one of the best and my mother she was one of the smartest. Both taken in a violent way, the thought alone made me shiver. "Park here babe..."

"babe?" He smirked slightly as I rolled my eyes.

"It suites you."

"Not Dom or Dominator, but babe... noted." I laughed while getting out of the car. This was about to get interesting. Something I'd just started building would be put to the test already.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment 🤓

first vote dedication goes to (drum roll)
-findingadress