Ice is the color of Vodka

Hey all, this story will be wrapping up in around ten or so chapter. If you'd like please leave comments of things you want to see or how you want it to end. I want to do this story right and not rush it along. Enjoy and please vote, it keeps me writing at a quick pace. If I don't know people are reading I focus on my other stories, so please, please, vote.

Lana POV

Russia. It's fucking cold. End of description. I zipped up my jacket walking past security to the baggage claim. Lindsey had her hand coiled around my bicep as we went along. She was always scared.

"I hear that ice is the color of vodka." I stopped in my tracks at the code and glanced to my left. A man held a sign with some sort of last name on it in Russian. I nodded and motioned to the bag, which he took and led the way. Only once we were in the car did I take out my burner phone and turn it on.

"Why so top secret?" Lindsey chimed in as she looked to me.

"If people know I'm in Russia I end up on the news. If people know I'm here to pardon Edward Snowden it will be hell." I turned on the phone and typed in a familiar number.

Lana: miss you x
Dom: whose this? Lana?
Lana: Who else would text you miss you?
Dom: This is true 🙃
Dom: How was your flight?
Lana: Long. Very long. Anything on the news or media of me?
Dom: Nothing other than me dropping you off. Why?
Lana: I just need to keep why I'm here out of the news. Don't worry, nothing dangerous 🤗
Dom: I know, I miss you, and love you. Gotta go x

I didn't answer and merely tucked my phone into my pocket as the car stopped. The man opened the door and handed me a letter.

Night is the color of some souls

"Ready?" Lindsey nodded and we got out, she led the way down one of the streets. She'd been here dozens of times without me obviously, though always escorted. She stopped at a door and pointed towards it before looking to me. 

"This is the place I came to last time."

"That's comforting." I mumbled before walking ahead. The snow crunched under my shoes as I walked up to the door, knocking three times gently before I tucked my hand in my pocket with the blade. The footsteps echoed through the door before I heard the many locks coming undone. The door only cracked a hair's width before I cleared my throat. "They say the night is the color of some souls."

"Those souls are not ours." The door opened and he grinned pulling me into a hug. "Dear friend! How have you been? Please come in! Lindsey, I'm so glad you're back." He let me go to hug and kiss her before we went inside and he relocked the doors. 

"I've been well. You look more pale than ever." I chuckled and sat down on one of the sofas before he too sat down. He nodded, smiling shyly before Lindsey coiled to his side. 

"Yeah Russia is rarely warm or sunny." He motioned to my phone and I handed it over. 

"Burner phone. No worries. It doesn't even have a camera. There is a reason for my visit." I sat up to dig into my pocket. "I have a gift."

"A gift?" I nodded before handing him the enclosed letter. He lifted a brow looking at it before looking at me once more.

"What's this? What possibly from the united state government could be considered a gift?" I chuckled and sat back before he started opening it. His eyes scanned the page as he rubbed his chin, a slight smirk coming to his lips. "I've been pardoned? This isn't some awful prank right?" I couldn't help but smile and shake my head before he engulfed me in another hug. "But how?"

"I hand some strings pulled. It's going to go unannounced and you'll be allowed a new name if you please. You'll be located where ever you please." He stood and wandered to the kitchen, coming back with a bottle of vodka and three shot glasses. We all had a few, Lindsey taking photos along the way. Almost all of me wished Dominick was here, yet I knew he wouldn't understand.

This world was different. Trusting a known hacker as some people called him surely wasn't on Dominick's radar. He wasn't accustomed to what I knew. Truth be told only a handful of people knew some of the things I came across. 

"You mind if I post this?" Lindsey leaned over, showing me a photo. Edward and I were laughing, yet my hair covered ninety percent of my face. I gave a nod before looking to Ed who also gave the approval. "Friends reunited over Vodka instead of Saki." I laughed and leaned my head on her shoulder, glancing to Ed.

"Perfect. May the three amigos always be together." I mumbled offering up my empty glass for another shot. Within the hour I was nearly asleep. They'd gone off to bed and my mind was on home. Dominick and his fight mainly. I grabbed my phone and sighed as I typed away.

Lana: You awake?

Dom: Yeah. Everything okay?

Lana: I miss you.

Lana: I was thinking... I'm gonna resign from the missions. I want to stay home or at least nearby.   I'm ready to settle down

Dom: Are you sure that's what you want?

Lana: I want to be in your corner 100% from now on and not miss a thing. x

Dom: I support whatever you want Lana. Get some rest it's like 3am there. I love you.

Lana: Love you too.

I sat my phone down and closed my eyes, smiling slightly as I ran the scenarios through my mind. I'd still be a navy seal. I'd still be me. Just no longer a missions operations leader. I think I was ready to finally take the figurative plug that many people feared and spoke so highly of these days.