Other Family

Dominick POV

She'd dropped a bomb shell and just left it there. Not mentioning the topic to me and truth be told I didn't want to talk about it. Knowing she'd slept with Eric at some point made a knot appear in my stomach. Yet the afternoon carried on and with each passing minute she was a bit more tipsy with people of her mind. Granted they out drank any of us.

"Want to go home?" She whispered near my ear and I nodded only after glancing at my watch. Surely the others were set up by now. I stood and took her hand, steadying her as she laughed. Logan and Kiki walked with us to the car, climbing in the back while Joe drove the others. It was nice seeing her let loose because it was rare. She wiggled in her seat to the music on the radio. It was in these moments that I got a peak of who she used to be before hell itself engulfed her.

I pulled up to the house which was dark, the sky shades of Orange and Pinks like every sunset. She got out of the car and started approaching as I coiled my arms around her waist. She unlocked the door and everyone flicked on the lights.

"Surprise!" She jolted slightly before laughing and looking to me.

"I thought it would nice to have a party!"

" Well welcome Everyone." She flashed a smile and walked inside, hugging Ronda Rousey and her husband along with the other guess such as Cody from the team. I had rarely seen her so social yet her she was chatting away with everyone. Logan seemed to stick by her side as much as possible. Almost as a protector. Eric seemed to keep his distance considering. Yet he motioned for me to join him near the pool away from the other at a point.

"What's up?"

"Most men would punch me in the face if they knew I slept with their fiancee at some point." I laughed weakly, taking a swig of my beer.

"I wasn't in the picture I can't be mad. Though I am curious about that letter." Eric crossed his arms and sighed slightly.

"It's from a old friend of hers. One whose wanted by the federal government. I think she should tell you the story. We all protected him though. Made sure he made it out of the country." I narrowed my hues at him yet was interrupted by Paige and Cody.

"Hey Dom! You're Eric right?" He nodded before glancing to his watch.

" Yeah, and sadly I've gotta return to base. Take care Dom." I nodded and shook his hand, watching as he made his way up the yard. He leaned in and kissed her cheek making me flinch.

"I take it he's competition?" Cody smirked before taking a sip of his drink. "Dare I ask?"

" He did Lana. I have to act like I don't give a shit." I mumbled and Paige laughed.

"I see this going well Papi." She nudged me, making me laugh at the usual nickname. She was nearly ten years younger than me but an old soul. I saw her as a little sister and Cody as a little brother. " She loves you." Paige whispered slightly. "It's like every few moments she glances at you and smiles."

"This is getting too sweet." Cody mumbled and Trevor chuckled coming over with Ronda.

"What's getting too sweet? Dominick's love life?" I rolled my eyes as I felt my face heat up.

"You all are ridiculous." Trevor and I started building a fire with Joe moments later. The sun was nearly gone and neighbors lit off fireworks. As everyone settled around she came over and coiled to my side. Swiftly I pulled her against my chest, her feet near the fire. She was wearing one of my Cruz alliance shirts and a pair of shorts that hugged her bum and showed off her mile long legs.

"All tired out gorgeous?" She nodded slowly as dojo came over and leaned against my leg.

" Yeah. Still a bit drunk too, but I'm great." A soft giggle escaped her before she turned her head and kissed me. I could taste the whiskey on her lips from the shots she and Ronda had done and the smell of the ocean from her shampoo. " How about you Mr.Cruz?"

" Well let's see. I've got my friends here. My beautiful fiancee. I'm going to get my belt back. Every thing is pretty fucking good." I smirked before pecking her lips. Paige came jogging out of the house with marshmallow supplies in a tray.

"I bet you all are still hungry." A choir of yeahs and yes's filled the air. Lana laughed before taking a skewer and popping two marshmallows on it as I grabbed the chocolate and crackers. She toasted them, catching both on fire on purpose before fanning them. I put the sandwhiches together before taking a bite as she held them, grinning.

"Come here." I mumbled pressing my lips to hers with the sticky sweet marshmallow still lingering. She pulled away and took a bite before I ran my thumb along her bottom lip. "You've got something right-here." I leaned in again and kissed her, my tongue brushing against her lip to remove the chocolate.

"Mmm keep in pg-13 we have guest."

"I know-" I laughed slightly. "I love you."

"I love you too." She responded till Ronda cleared her throat.

" When are there gonna be little baby Cruz boys running around?" She coiled more into my arms.

"I don't know if I'm ready to share him just yet." Lana cleaned off her hands with a napkin before holding my face between her hands.

"I ship this." Paige smirked and Cody rolled his eyes.

"So when are you going after that belt old man?" Urijah laughed loudly.

"I was about to ask the same damn question." I shrugged and leaned back slightly.

"You'll see. Just wait."