Back To Work

Lana POV

Six months later ~

Alex seemed to be growing every second of every day. With that came sleepless nights, naps, and things a navy seal didn't know how to deal with to be honest. I glanced to the clock before looking to Dom fast asleep. It was weird being a mom. Being so calm.

I sat up and took a deep breath before getting out of bed. Alex was still fast asleep in his crib giving me time to make at least a cup of coffee in peace. I crept downstairs and clicked on the coffee maker before glancing outside. The world seemed so quiet, it made me anxious. I wanted to go do something. Go fight or spar. Anything but sit here in this house another day.

I jumped hearing the coffee maker beep and began pouring myself a mug of black coffee. Arms coiled around me and familiar lips trailed down my neck.

" Good morning Mrs.Cruz."

"Mmm technically still not Mrs.Cruz, but good morning my love." I chuckled and turned around, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Training today?"

"Yeah I got a fight with Cody in a few months. Plus I gotta commentate a fight next month."

"Where?"

"Las Vegas." I nodded before taking a sip of my coffee. "You and Alex should come."

"If only." I giggled as he pulled me against his chest, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"I hate leaving you two. Which reminds me the guys wanna come over for a cookout tonight. You should invite some of your friends. Eric, Rosa, Kiki, the gang you know."

"I'll give them a call." I flashed a smile as he pulled away and started making breakfast. After that the day just seemed to fly by. I ran to the store while my mom watched the baby. Buying everything I needed for the cookout. It'd been awhile since we'd thrown a proper party.

Along my journey I'd called the gang and included Edward and Lindsey. Surely they didn't get to leave base often due to people seeing them. Some officials even tried to arrest them. The FBI was always trying to find I way to arrest him for something.

I made it back home and cleaned up the kitchen to get everything out before the wolves got home. Surely they'd all be starving after training and fruit wasn't going to cut it for them.

"You look tired honey are you getting enough sleep?" I nodded looking to Rosa with a smile.

"I'm getting anxious mama. I want to go work. I miss doing something. I get excited just to leave the house nowadays." I chuckled and sat down, munching on a pineapple slice. "Dominick is so good to me."

"I know honey. He doesn't let you lift a finger."

"He needs to focus on training. It will do him good." I looked to the door hearing Dojo being to grumble, something he always did when Dom was at the door. Everyone trickled in behind him, clean from showering to my surprise.

"Hey guys! Dig in, snacks in the kitchen." DC was the first to hussle for food along with Joe. Dominick wandered over to the sofa, pressing a kiss to my cheek before picking up Alexander. Conor McGregor was standing beside him, grinning while chewing his gum.

"O yeah he's a strong lad already. How are you Mrs. Cruz." He took my hand and pressed a kiss to the back.

"I'm good Conor. I saw your ego on tv. Trying to get after that money yeah?"

"Always." Chuckled and Dee his longtime girlfriend sat beside me. She had a baby bumb that was noticeable, but surely she had a few months left.

"He's adorable. I can't wait for our son to be born for more than one reason." She laughed and took Alex as Dominick handed him to her. I stood as the door bell rang, letting in the rest of the group. Of which included Kiki and Snowden.

"Sorry we're late. Some car was following us." Ed handed me a bottle of wine, pressing a kiss to my cheek as did Lindsey.

"It's completely alright. Kiki did you lose them" She held up a finger and looked outside as did Eric. I wandered to the front door and grabbed my gun out of the hidden draws in the hutch before wandering out front. A black GMC had just pulled up. Eric, Kiki, Dominick, and Joe had come out. Thankfully Rosa had the sense to close the door.

"Mrs. Clark. Agent Roger Whitfield. Is Mr.Edward Snowden on this property." I crossed my arms, standing behind this man as he looked towards my house.

"None of the FBIs business I believe." He chuckled slightly and pulled a gun from his pocket as I pulled mine. "Rouge FBI excuse me."

"You have a terrorist in your home."

"The only terrorist I see is the man holding a gun to my head. My family and friends surely would have you killed for killing me."

"Are you threatening me?"

"No I'm promising.". He chuckled and lowered his gun looking to his men. I lowered mine and closed the space completely. "Don't fuck with my family. Do not fuck with my friends."

"You Clarks think you all are invincible. You should be in prison for the people you've killed and the things you've done."

"But I'm not. Now get off my property and if you come near anyone whom had a relationship with me. You will be taken care of do you understand me. I will call your boss and your badge will be taken away faster than you can blink."

"Move out men." He backed away towards his car. "I'll be seeing you again sometime soon Miss Clark. Count on it." I scoffed and watched the car drive off before I felt Dom come up behind me and engulf me in his arms.

" What the fuck was that Lana."

"The reason I need to go back to work."