Two Fighters

Lana POV

3 Years Later

Dom and I got good at what we had going on. I was going to work, granted at times I stayed for days. Dom was being just that... Dom. Champion in the UFC. I bit my lips together watching him play with Alex in the yard. Alex would quickly trot after him to catch his father. I glanced down at my phone, watching the curser blink.

Mr.White

I remember when you first introduced me to Dominick. I wanted to shank him in the side for ruining a book I'd been dying to finish. Yet you already knew had it would go I think. You knew he'd charm and ground me. It made every trip from home ten times more difficult. Then Alex came into our lives and I never knew if I could even get out that door.

You and Rosa taught me that family is more important than the job. It took a lot for me to learn that lesson. However it is because of that lesson that I am accepting the offer as special operations lead and resigning as special operations on field lead.

Regards and with much love,
Lana Cruz

I hit send before getting up and joining Dom in the lawn with our son. He stopped to smile at me as I picked up Alex.

" What has you all smiling?"

"I'm home..." I smiled still watching as realization crossed his face.

"For good?" I nodded before he kissed me. My grounding along with Alex. My husband who seemed to keep me sane just as I had kept him sane. "You hear that Alex?" Dom smiled and looked down at our son who nodded. "Mommys gonna be home."

"Yay! Mommy's home!" He giggled before leaning his head on my shoulder. We walked inside for lunch, my mind still running over it all. I had done my job. I'd protected who I was suppose to and kept my family safe. Granted the threats had been eliminated by close friends.

I sat Alex down and watched Dom start to cook some chicken. I could already hear people trickling into the house. Conor's loud voice and Dee laughing at a joke. His son's giggles filling the house. Alex was already bolting off to see him. Joe and Dana debating on the next big fight. Cody and his wife bickering over the baby's blanket.

I chuckled to myself until I felt someone hug me. I knew it was Ronda merely by the perfume. Her and Travis' boys (I know they're not her biological sons) running to go play football out back.

"What's up Queenie?" I chuckled and spun my chair to look at her.

"I just took a new job.... Well position. I'm home for good." She grinned and hugged me before looking to Dom. He had this stupid smile stuck on his face.

"Daddy Dom got thee famous Lana locked down. Finally." Ronda joked before glancing to everyone in the living room. "You gonna tell them?" I shrugged and placed a hand on my stomach.

"Shhh I haven't told Dom yet. It's a surprise." I smirked and glanced to his birthday gifts that were building up on the table. Ronda smirked and motioned to the gifts.

"What's inside?"

"A coloured balloon in that one and in that one a shirt. The rest are actual gifts." I chuckled and glanced to Dom. We all helped finishing the task of getting the food ready. Ronda was trying her best not to smirk like a fool once it was time for Dom to open his gifts. Everyone was gathered around as I grabbed the two important gifts.

"Ah what's this?" He smirked slightly and Alex walked over to sit next to his father.

"I think Alex can help with this one... The other one is certainly for you." He looked to Alex before they tore the paper off. The box flaps still closed. Dom opened it, pink balloons floating towards the ceiling.

"No you're not kidding me right?!" Everyone what hooting and hollering and Alex was grinning from the balloons.

"Open the other one." I watched as he yanked out the package then glanced at the shirt.

"MMA Dad to a badass little girl."

"Ayyyy good luck mate. She looks like Lana you'll be chasing boys away for years!" Conor cackled as I walked to Dom and he engulfed me in his arms.

"Happy birthday my dear." I pressed a kiss to his lips before kissing Alex's forehead.

"Well shit. My gift is gonna blow now." Joe chuckled and Dom smirked.

"I love it all. Alex you hear that you're gonna be a big brother." Alex grinned and looked to us both. This was my family. The story of how two fighters found each other. The story of how life became something they loved.