Aloha

Dominick POV

It was a week later we decided to take a trip to Hawaii with those we considered friends. Lana had gotten a mansion big enough for all of us to stay and of course it was near base where she could visit some friends.

Admittedly ever since she told me we were going to have a kid I treated her like glass. Maybe it was just my protective instinct. However this was her territory. Joe, Travis, Ronda, and Urijah followed us in a separate car towards the military base. Lana was in her element seeing these giant fighter jets zipping through the sky above us.

" You wanna fly in one today?" She hollered over the wind blowing around in the jeep. I chuckled and she shrugged before I cleared my throat.

"You're kidding? Right?"

"Hell no! Come on it will be fun!" She smirked before pulling up to the gate and flashing her badge. To my surprise Colin was here, but it seemed Lana already knew that by the way she greeted him at the air field.

" Did you see those planes?!" Joe hollered walking over to us.

" Yeah we're gonna go flying today. Unless you're too scared and don't trust me." She wandered past Colin who was chuckling.

"She's one of the best. Takes after her father. Which reminds me. Lana we need someone for the show tonight. Are you good to fly?"

"I do believe so. I'm still early in my pregnancy." She shrugged and looked through the different flight suits. "Eric gonna be flying?"

"Yup!"

"Cool he can take Ronda and Travis up. I'll get the others." She stepped into one of the green jumpers and zipped it up, adjusting the sleeves. Already my stomach was a ball of nerves seeing all this up close.

"Hey Lana!" I glanced to the direction the voice was coming from. She waved and the guy came over with a bunch of younger looking trainees.

"What's up Greg?"

"I wanted to introduce these guys to you. Guys this is Elana Clark her father is that man you saw in the film earlier this week. The Clarks are some of the best fighters we have ever had on this base." She lowered her head almost shamefully. Then again I knew the true story behind what it was to be a Clark.

"That's very kind of you Greg. I'm gonna take some people up for a flight, but later I hear Eric and I are doing a performance. They're more than welcome to watch." He gave a nod before leading the class off to some other task.

Admittedly my heart was racing as Joe and I got suited up to get in one of these death traps. Lana seemed like it was something normal the way she climbed in and checked over the controls. I looked to Joe whose eyes were wide.

"I heard regular people like us can only handle a couple Gs."

"I think you boys can handle around 6 Gs." Lana motioned to the steps so we could get into the plane.

"What's the highest you've ever gotten?" I chimed in while climbing into the seat behind the pilot's. Joe climbed in the last one.

"10 Gs is the highest I've really gotten comfortably."

"Liar!" I glanced out to see Eric smirking. "She's a G Monster!" Lana rolled her eyes before climbing into the pilot seat and two men closed us into the plane.

"Ready boys?"

"Don't forget those breathing techniques I told you earlier. I don't need either of you passing out or throwing up in my plane." It started rolling onto the tarmac, my heart racing ever so slightly with excitement. I could hear Lana going over her controls and such before the engine roared to life.

"Alpha 1 you do have clearance for take off. Be safe up there."

"Alpha 1 taking the skies." The plane sped forward, it felt like my face was going to peel off the bones and just like that we were weightless, looking out over the ocean surrounding the big island. "How ya feeling boys? Ready for some tricks?"

"We're good!" I hollered as did Joe before she sent the plane into a spin then straight up. I could hear Joe practicing his breathing techniques only making Lana chuckle. This was after all her comfort zone, up in the skies. It seemed like we were only up there for minutes, but we'd been up for nearly a half hour, just goofing off. Lana landed the jet and got out first, climbing out of her suit before looking to Eric.

"You ready for tonight ice man?"

"I dunno Mavrick." He smirked and sat down motioning to one of the planes. "They loaded it up earlier so we'll cross our fingers and see how it goes."

Little did I know what they had planned. To me and all the other spectators I was sure Lana was going to crash. The maneuver was Eric chasing after her going straight vertical while she spun and dodged his firing. Until finally her plane did a free fall to the water only to zip off the moment the nose of the plane brushed against the waves.

It was hard to believe this woman was my partner in life. Surely just as crazy as I was though maybe a tad more than me. These people were her family and truth be told sometimes I think they understood her more than I. Then again I knew nearly everything about her. She got out of the Jet just as the sun was setting. Only after she got changed and came over to us sitting in the sand did I pull her into my arms and place a kiss on her forehead.

"Must you scare me like that?"

"I was just having some fun." She smirked and pressed a kiss to my lips before coiling to my side. I instinctively placed my hand over her stomach, the tiny bump nearly unnoticeable. I'd do anything to protect this kid and Lana.

Two Fightersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें