Confrontation

Dominick POV

Once everyone left she sighed with relief and leaned against the door. Looking at me as she bit her lip before opening her arms. I chuckled and closed the space between us, letting her jump into my arms. Her legs wrapped around my torso and arms around my neck as she sighed. I could see how tired she was yet she didn't care to admit to it. All of me wished she'd never work again, but it wasn't about the money for her.

"Never surprise me with people again. Though it was fun." A weak smile crossed her tinted pink lips.

"Mmm noted." I mumbling pressing my lips to hers in a peck before carrying her upstairs. I fell back onto the bed and sighed softly, looking in those aquamarine hues of hers that seemed to drown me. "You look tired." I raised my hand, tracing my thumb under her eyes along the grey skin.

"Yeah a bit." She sighed softly and climbed into her spot, tugging off her alliance shirt and shorts in the process. I sighed softly and peeled off my shorts before laying beside her. All that could be heard was the crickets outside and our breathing.

"Lana?" I turned onto my slide and pulled up the sheet over us. The breeze coming from the balcony chilling my body. I could see goosebumps rise along her arms.

"Mmm?"

"We can't ignore the elephant in the room. You and Eric." She rolled onto her side and looked at me, sighing slightly.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to be jealous of it. Eric and I never were a-." She was silent for a moment. " A item. Just a stupid, stupid, stupid idea." She rolled onto her back, looking at the ceiling. "When I knew Nicholas was cheating on me I started drinking like an idiot and handing out with Eric. Eric made me feel safe. Hence the mistake I made. I just wanted to be away from him. I keep thinking that if I had never known would I have tried other things to save his life. Or stillwatch them take him apart piece by piece."

"You can't blame yourself for any of that." I whispered, still laying on my side.

"Dom? Can I tell you something no one knows except Rosa and Kiki?" She kept looking at the ceiling as if to hold back the emotions that dared to surface

"You know the answer to that babe."

"My parents weren't good parents. Remember what I told you about them. How they died and what they did. Well my mother accidentally got pregnant. She was friends with Rosa and told her she was going to keep it. She told Rosa she was going to keep me because she wanted to create the perfect solider, surely she was hoping it was a boy I assume. Well instead of birthday parties or play dates as a young teen I got these talks. I got talks all my life." She stopped for a few moments, picking her words.

"Go on."

"My mother and father taught me about death. About murder and shit people let alone kids shouldn't even know. Crying in my household wasn't frowned upon but she's always ask me what did it do. The answer was nothing. Maybe that's why I'm so fucked up in the head. I was taught how to be a warrior not a human. Everyone told me Rosa was the best thing that happened to me."

"You ever thought about having a family though? Even after all that? Their parenting doesn't mean you're set to fail Lana. You're amazing. Rosa apparently had a hand in making you who you are."

"Have you?" She whispered back and looked to me. "Thought about a family."

"Yeah. I've always wanted to be a dad someday." I turned onto my back, mirroring her. She moved over, resting her head on my chest and my arm coiling around her. We laid in silence for a few moments.

"Yeah I've thought about it. Granted it would take away from my style of work. I know neither of us could be parents right now. You're training full time and I know I'm gonna be sent back soon. It's inevitable. Timing just doesn't always seem to be in the cards for me. I know you'd be a good dad Dom."

" Yeah. I just wanted to know if you'd be interested in a kid. Like you and I be actually parents and not dog parents." She laughed slightly and lifted her head, her lips finding mine.

"I'll start walking around calling you Papi." I smirked slightly as she kept going, kissing down my neck between words. "Or do you like Dom? Dominator? Champ?"

"I'll stop you right there." I pulled her body against mine, unclasping the back of her neon orange bra.

"Why? I have plenty of nicknames for you."

"You found the perfect name." I pulled her against my chest, putting my hand under her chin and raising her head so I could kiss her. "Dominator."

"Dominator? Hmmm I suppose it's fitting." Needless to say it was a fitting name for such a nightly activity. I'd been with plenty of girls but she was the one that had me trapped.

Except sleep and I didn't mingle too well that night. Her naked body was coiled with mine as she dreamed. I ran my fingers through her hair as I watched the ceiling fan spin. My mind was set on that belt being back in my hands again. Being a someone again and not a nobody.

Dojo lifted his head off her leg and stormed his way up to my side. I sighed quietly as I ran my fingers over his fur.

"She's our world Dojo." He grumbled slightly and glanced to her. "She's here when we don't have anything but ourselves." She stirred slightly her nose brushing against my neck. Her melodic breathing seemed to make my eyes grow heavy with every breath.