Forgetting The Mission

After Jace healed me I still didn't remember anything. My memory just stopped when I stopped walking in the forest.

Jace suggested I talk to chaos about it but I wasn't able to contact him. Chaos is...well, he's chaotic, especially when were not around. You can never tell what he'll do.

"This is killing me! I need to know what happened!" I shouted as me and Scarlett laid on the roof of our cabin.

"Maybe Chaos possessed you and accidentily almost killed you. Then he left you in that cave." Scarlett suggested. I shook my head.

"He's only done that twice. And he told me both times." I said.

"Maybe it was End." Scarlett said.

"No. That rope that I was tied with...
I've seen it before." I said. I pulled out a small piece, only about two feet long, and showed it to her.

"Your right. That does look familiar. I swear I've seen that somewhere." She said. Then realization hit us both.

<><><><>

"Dawn!" I called as we walked into the cabin.

"Did you call for me commander?" Dawn asked as she came out of her room. The room lit up as she came in.

"Yeah." I said, I pulled out the rope, "This rope, you've seen it before right?"

"Well. It does look like elven craftsmanship. But I could never make it with this strong of magic. There is very few materials that could cut this. End-Steel, Tartarus rock, Stygian Iron. Underworldy type stuff." Dawn said.

"Do you think you could figure out who made it?" I asked.

"Oh that's easy. Clearly this is Al's craftsmanship. I saw him working on it yesterday." Dawn said. Scarlett and I exchanged looks.

"Where is he now?" I asked.

"I dunno. He left after you went on your walk. Haven't seen him since." Dawn said. She started messing with a bouncy ball as Scarlett and I started, open mouthed at her.

"What?"

"You realise I was practically kidnapped and nearly killed when I disappeared from my walk."

"Yeah, so?"

"And these ropes are the ropes I was tied up in."

"Your point?"

"Albert is the one that did this." I said.

"Ol' Al-Brains? Naw, he told me he was making a jump rope with that." Dawn said. Dawn was one of the few people that Albert actually liked. My guess was that they were from the same galaxy. Or maybe he just liked how innocent she was.

"Can you help us find him?" I asked.

"Hmm, maybe. I dunno. I think he might be talking to that Annie girl you used to date." Dawn said. My eyes widened.

"Why would he talk to her?" I asked.

"He mentioned something about a Purse-y? I don't know." Dawn said.

"Do you mean he was looking for Percy?" I asked.

"Yeah, something like that." Dawn said. She threw her bouncy ball and it bounced out of the room. She went to chase it leaving us alone.

"You know what we have to do." Scarlett said.

"I don't want to see her again." I said.

"We have to." Scarlett said. She put a hand on my shoulder.