chp 57

Manik was sitting in his room making a drink for himself.....after making it he leaned back on sofa and took a sip of his drink while closing his eyes enjoying it.......he was so engrossed in enjoying it that he didn't hear the sound of door opening and a person came close to him glancing at his posture keenly.....after observing him for quiet 2 3 minutes he tapped his shoulder which earned his attention...he looked at the person and got up from sofa with a jerk.....he kept staring at the ground while maintaining a distance b/w them.....yash looked at him sadly fully aware of his thoughts........

Ma: aap yahan (more like a whisper...it seemed that he had lost his speaking power in front of him....actually he was afraid of  the things he had to listen after what he did.......those painful words.....he took a deep breath preparing himself to bear everything he would say)

Ya: (finding him tensed he said) ao betho yahan (indicating to his right where there was space for manik to sit)

Manik having no other option sat beside him.....yash frowned after seeing glass of wine in his hand)..... he took it from his hand and slapped the back of his head lightly in a scolding way and said kitni dfa kha hai ke ye sab naa piya karo but u don't listen to me

Manik just hmmmed unable to produce an answer.......yash got irritated by his attitude and said

Ya: manik hua Kia hai (annoyed)

Ma: hmmmm da...ummm sir (he was about to say dad but then stopped himself from saying it thinking that he had lost that right) i know u r angry with me and u know what m completely fine with it....I have troubled u guys a lot but trust me m sorry about it...I won't trouble u guys anymore..... agar aap chahte ho to mein nandini ke kareeb bhi nhi jao ga (he felt a pang of pain arising in his heart as he said those words) .......wese bhi m leaving for Mumbai tonight so I think it's gud and yes I will send divorce papers (he was about to complete his sentence but yash showed him his hand refraining him from speaking a word more)

Ya: ayenda aise baat mere samne n.a. karna (in stern tone mentioning his disliking  about manik's last statement while twisting his fingers to stop himself from saying anything else)

Their was pindrop silence in the room....manik didn't had the courage to say sth....Mr murthy after sometime said

Ya: thnku (in a polite tone)

Ma: what (confused)

Ya: for removing the burden from my shoulders....for proving me innocent....for bringing me out from a pool of guilt (placing his hand on manik's thigh calming him.then he stood up to hug him and engulfed manik in a fatherly hug removing all his worries..manik closed his eyes to feel the moment and yash kept patting his back knowing that manik needed assurance at that time )

Ma: u r not angry with me for treating her badly  (wondering)

Ya: off course I m and u will be punished for ur act

Ma: okay what is it

Ya: ur punishment is that u have to stay with my daughter forever and make her happy like she was never before.....