9. A Reasonable Reason

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Billy ?" she whispers to me as she drives to the hospital of Forks.

I shake my head and make sure William didn't hear a thing from behind. I told him I was just doing a checkup and that he didn't have to worry. He's actually looking outside the window, silently.

Sue sighs in defeat and continues driving without a word. 

"Thank you for driving me there." I tell her. She nods and smiles sadly : she's clearly worried.

We get out of the car and arrive at the front desk of the hospital. A plump lady takes my name and tolds us to wait for the doctor. We wait half an hour and a nurse calls us. 

"I'll stay here with William, okay ? Be careful." Sue says.

"Sure." I answer. The nurse gives me a big smile and motions at me to follow her. She brings me to a room where the doctor is standing next to the sink, washing his hands, his back at us. He turns to face us and my eyes widen slightly as I take in his appearance. I won't deny it, this man is magnificent : his hair is the purest blond and his skin is a beautiful pale color. His eyes are a strange yet intriguing colour.

"You must be Alexandra Cooper, right ?" he asks me with a singing voice, while checking the file on his desk.

"Um, yes." I say, sitting on the chair in front of his desk. He nods and begins reading the paper.

"Mrs. Clearwater here wrote that you have been having frequent nosebleeds these past few weeks. Anything else ?" 

I hesitate. "Well... I've been sick a month ago and ever since then, I keep throwing up, I don't want to eat, I don't sleep well... I've lost weight." I explain to him, playing with my hands. "But, it's nothing, right ? It could be just the illness that's making me feel like that." I try to find a reasonable reason for all this.

"It could be, but I'm not sure." he tells me as he gets up. "I'm going to have to run a few test. They should be finished in two or three days." he explains to me. "Susie will inform you on what to do. You are on top of my list, okay ?" he tries to calm me down.

"Okay." I mumble, my mind already over thinking this.

"If you have anything else you forgot to tell me, call the hospital and ask for Dr. Carlisle Cullen." He leaves the room.

"Alright, let's start the tests." Susie claps her hands. I grit my teeth.

***** 

The car drive is dead silent. "So, what is the verdict ?" Sue asks me.

"He doesn't know what's going on with me, he is going to be running some tests first." I inform her, looking at the paper the nurse gave me. It has the date for the next appointment in which I'll know what's going on.

"You have to tell your uncle." she says.

"I don't want him to worry for nothing." I tell her, biting my bottom lip.

"I think Billy would like to know : you're his niece Alexandra !" she starts growing angry at my persistence. "If it was nothing, the doctor wouldn't need to call you back." she states, which makes me think. Do I really have a problem ?

"Don't tell Billy. I will tell him after I get the final results. Please ? Sue ?" I plead her, my hands in a prayer.

"Sweety, I don't know... He's your uncle... He should know." she says, clearly debating what's right in her head. "But, it's your body, your choice." she sighs as she agrees with what I asked her.

I sigh in content and close my eyes. It's probably just nothing, no worries.

So... what do you think of it ? 

Not an expert in medical procedure, please be indulgent...

What kind of book do you read ?

Vote/ Comment/ Follow ! :)