Epilogue

It has been three months since the battle against Gillian. Those three months also have been  movemented.

First of, Bella got pregnant, which is kind of weird : she's only 18 ! Also, vampires aren't supposed to be able to procreate, but that's just a detail.

Secondly, turns out Jacob imprinted on her daughter. Talk about disgusting. I couldn't look at my cousin for weeks after he had told me the news : the kid is only a few minutes old and he already knows she's his eternal love and blahblahblah ? Ew.

Thirdly, the Volturi, who hasn't reacted to all of our problems, decided to act because the child could hypothetically destroy the whole humanity. Let me tell you, I've seen Nessie and she's just a sweetie !

Yes, Paul had to go to the battle scene, but Alice stopped everything just at time. They all forbade me from going, because the vampires could have a little too much interest in me, due to my fire powers.

I was furious for two days, until Paul gave me an 'excuse me' present. Which was... a kiss and chocolates.

Things are now looking good and I can't wait to see what is going to happen.

*****

"Oh, I wish I could've been here to see his face getting all mushed, his whole body melting like ice cream under the sun and..." Kate says, sounding like a psychopath.

"I get the point." I stop her, clamping her mouth with my hand, giggling.

"Alex ! Alex !" William screams, entering my room. He shows me a letter. "Cory wrote to me ! He's in Canada, with some people !"

I nod, picking him up and doing an Eskimo kiss. Cory left the day after the fight to live with Edward's cousins, but he still sends some letters.

I hope he'll be able to come visit us some times.

William wiggles out of my arms. "Paul is here and he wants to see you !" he tells me before running off.

Kate smirks at me knowingly. "Go see your prince charming."

I laugh, throwing a pillow at her face. I descend the stairs as fast as I can and when I see Paul standing, I jump in his arms, wrapping my legs around his hips.

He pecks my lips softly, mostly because Billy is watching us.

"How are you, beautiful ?" he asks me, staring in my eyes while I admire the deepness of his. They never finish to amaze me.

"Just fine now that you're here." I answer cheekily.

"Well, thank you ! I just feel kind of offended, but no big deal !" Kate says dramatically as she takes her bag. She winks at me. "See you later !" She waves goodbye, leaving the house.

"Do you wanna go somewhere ?" Paul says and I nod eagerly. "Great ! Let's go !"

*****

"Where are you taking me ?" I ask him, laughing when he almost trips over. We are currently walking through the woods and it's almost night.

"Is it when you tell me you are actually a kidnapper, who is going to kill me far away from the civilized population ?" I say, jokingly.

"Don't worry, Lexie. Come here and close your eyes ! It's a surprise !" he says, genuinely excited.

I smile at his attitude and obey, trusting him when he takes my hand and leads me somewhere.

My feet touch something soft and I immediately know we're walking in the sand.