39. Dobby Is A Free Elf !

"Free ! Dobby is a free elf !" I shout at the hospital's entrance.

"Shut up ! Some old woman is looking at us with judgemental eyes : she must think you're deranged or something." Kate whispers and I laugh, a big one.

"I'm finished with cancer !" I continue.

"Actually, you have to come here twice per week for a long time, so you aren't really done with it." Embry tells me and I glare at him.

"Killer mood." Kate says to him.

*****

"Alex ! Paul is here !" he shouts again and I mentally groan at the noise my brother is making.

"I'm coming down !" I scream back. I roll on my bed and put down the book I was reading.

Paul and I have been spending a lot of time together these past two weeks, since I was discharged from the hospital. Of course, he was overly overprotective, always giving me his sweatshirt when we went to get some food, or snarling towards boys who dared look at me.

I take the stairs and see him talking with Billy of how I am doing. I roll my eyes and go to greet him.

"Hey ! What do you have in mind for today ?" Yes, we do something different everyday and he chooses what. All my friends are at school and since Billy took me out of Fork's High School, I take online classes which I do in the morning.

"I was thinking, maybe going to the cliffs ?" he tells me and I clap my hands enthusiastically.

"Let's go !" I say, taking his hand and leading him outside after saying bye at Billy.

*****

We get to the cliff and I lay on the grass and close my eyes, tired a bit from the hike we just did.

"You should've told me you were tired : I would've taken you on my back !" he says, accusingly.

"I like walking, it was no big deal." I tell him, sitting up to see him in his shorts only. "Are you aware that it is freezing right now ?"

"I'm aware, but I don't feel it : werewolves' body are warmer than normal human one's." he explains and I gape.

"You really are a teddy bear !"

"Am not !" he retorts, glaring playfully at me.

"Lie to yourself, wolf boy."

"I'm going to jump because of that." he says, getting closer to the edge of the cliff. I laugh but stop when I see his serious face.

"Don't. Really." I say before he dives. I stifle a scream and look at him falling. He is in a diving position, head first in the water. Paul finally touches the water and does an explosion. I laugh and wait for him to resurface. When he does, I wave at him. His hair is pulled back because of the salty water and his white teeth shine.

He strangely seems to be sniffling the air. I frown and wonder what is happening because he is suddenly looking at me with panicked eyes.

A hand clasps my mouth while an other brings me down in a laying position. I try pushing them off, but they don't bulge. I try screaming, but the sound doesn't come out of my mouth. I look at the attacker, only to see red hair and red eyes. Vampire. Victoria, I guess from the descriptions I've heard of. Could someone tell me why vampires seem to love taking me by surprise ?

"Alexandra Cooper, you better not move. You wouldn't want your brother William to be involved in this, would you ?" she says, her animal-like eyes staring right into my blue ones.

I shake my head and stop fighting. Paul must have already sensed her, they must be on their way, better not get myself killed.

"Good. I know you're thinking your wolf boyfriend is coming to get you, but he will only be here in a minute. Which is enough for me to make an offer, a deal." she tells me, her perfect mouth pulled out in a smirk. "Give me the proofs that Gillian is coming to get and you'll be safe. That's all."

"First of all, lady, he's not my boyfriend. Secondly, why would I give you them ?" I spit to her, as she takes her hand off my mouth, letting me talk.

"Because, sweetie, I'm the only one who can save you from this killer." she tells me.

"Really. But you're a killer too, no ?" I ask sarcastically. "I know you're assembling an army and all to kill Bella, so don't be fake, sweetie." I mock her.

I really should stop watching FRIENDS.

She only chuckles. "I'm nothing next to Gillian, dear. You haven't seen what he can do."

"Thanks for the offer, but nope."

"You little..." she snarls before stopping and raising her head.

I hear howls coming from the forest. She lets me go and vanishes in the air. A grey wolf that I recognize as Paul's jumps out of the trees and stands in front of me protectively. I brush his fur and kneel to his eyes.

"She's gone, Paul. I'm not in danger." I whisper to him. He stares at me with his gigantic brown eyes and whines.

"I know, I know. But I'm fine, don't worry." I murmur in his soft fur.

He transforms back and I clasp my hands on my eyes, cheeks reddening at the instant.

"Geez, next time, tell me before you go back to a naked human ! Innocent girl here." I say, pointing to me with one finger.

"Alexandra, was it Victoria ?" he asks me seriously while pushing one hand and looking in my eyes to make sure I don't lie.

"Yes, it was the red-headed vampire." I say.

"What did she want with you ? She's supposed to be obsessed with the vampire Lover, not you !" he states in frustration.

"She asked me to hand over the papers... something that Gillian is looking for, in exchange of the certainty that we won't be attacked by Gillian." I tell him.

"Alexandra, you should've stayed quiet. I heard you, that wasn't a smart move." he says, sighing deeply.

"Go ahead and say I'm stupid Paul !" I say angry at his remark. "I did what I thought was best to stay alive ! Do you think she would've let me say nothing ?!" Mad at him, I stomp towards the woods. I turn back and face him.

"She knows I have a brother, she knows about you, she knows everything. I couldn't risk... The idea of all of you being..." I say, shaking my head at the single idea that everyone could be killed by her.

He puts his crumpled shirt on and comes to my side. He puts both hands on each side of my head and presses a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You're right, thank you." he apologizes to me. "We should head back to your house." he tells me.

"Uncle Billy is going to have a heart attack and he will kill you when he hears I was attacked by Victoria." I add which makes him pale instantly.

"But don't worry, I will be here to protect you from him."

Vote/Comment/Follow ! :)