47. They really Did Set This House On Fire

Someone kicks me in my ribs and I groan in response, my eyelids fluttering open. It's probably been days since Gillian kidnapped me, but it honestly feels like years.

"I have a surprise for you, deary." Gillian's voice finds a way to reach me through the buzzing sound I constantly hear.

"Awesome. Is it another day of torture ? I thought I was going to sleep today." I mutter sarcastically, which makes him chuckle.

I open my eyes with difficulty and wince when someone lights the room. There is Gillian, Lilith, Kuly and that's it.

"Aw, the gang is complete !" I weakly coo. "That's cute, are you all going to hurt me together ?"

Lilith sneers at me and I stick my tongue out at her. It seems to madden her, because her pupils dilate and she prepares herself to jump on me.

"Now, now, girls. The cat fight has to stop immediately. After all, we have a child watching us." Gillian reprimands.

"A child ?" I question as they all step aside to let someone come.

A woman enters the room, cradling a boy in her arms. She is a vampire, naturally, but she seems motherly. She stops in front of me and kneels, letting me see who is in her arms.

My heart stops. William. He's here. His face is really pale, you can see his veins, he is shivering and his lips are blue.

"Why did you take him ?" I ask, touching his cheek, my teeth grinding when I find it freezing. "Why him ?" I choke, ready to break.

This was never supposed to happen. He was safe at the Rez, with the pack watching the borders and Billy watching Will. He was supposed to be safe !

"We figured out your weakness thanks to someone. So, why not endanger him and make you tell us the truth ?" Gillian replies while I get on my knees.

"You are a monster. He's just a kid !" I yell, throwing myself at him with all that's left of my strength.

He easily avoids me and I end up crashing on the ground. I pant while getting back up. Lilith stands protectively in front of Gillian, Kuly comes near me and throws me to her.

She grabs my shoulder, pressing them hard, almost dislocating them. I scream in pain, she slaps me brutally to quiet me down.

"If you don't want this kid to wake up and see all this, you better start telling us the truth." she threatens me. "Better yet, if you don't want him to become a vampire, you should tell us now what you know."

William is in danger and I have to help him. I have to save him.

"Billy talked about those files not so long ago." I mutter. "He said they were safe somewhere and that you would never find them."

Gillian approaches me slowly and smiles evilly. "You know more than that. You can bite the boy, Hilga." he says.

I glance warily at the vampire holding my brother.

"Thank you, master. It has been a while since I haven't had a child of my own." she answers and puts her lips on Will's neck.

I can't let that happen. "It's at the Rez ! Under Billy's bed ! Don't touch my brother, please !" I scream which makes her stop abruptly.

"Finally." Kuly mumbles and I glare at him.

"Yes, finally. Let's move out." Gillian tells them. "The wolves are coming soon. Lilith, lock them here and light the house."

"Light the house, master ?" she asks, her voice raising in question.

"Follow my orders !" he shouts. It's the first time I've ever seen him like that. He doesn't feel in control.