49. I'll Fight With You

I wipe my tears away and smile weakly.

"Let's go get William and go back home." I tell Cory and he nods.

He takes me on his back and I scream when he goes full-speed. He laughs like a crazy man, that's when I know that my big brother is back.

So, I close my eyes and enjoy this : a brother and sister having fun.

*****

"He's with some mutts !" Cory tells me and his eyes take an angry look. "Are they going to kill him, or what ?! We have to go there !" he screams over the wind while changing direction.

Mutts ? Isn't that the other word for werewolf ? Wait, does that mean...?

We arrive in a clearing and I let out a happy gasp.

"Paul !" I shout, before getting off my brother's back and running to my imprint.

He hasn't changed one bit and when he notices me, he puts Will in Jared's arms and runs as fast as he can towards me. He has such a big smile, his eyes are so beautiful, he's so beautiful... I can't hold back my happy tears when I run and I raise my arms, wanting to hold him.

I'm almost at his reach, when someone pulls me back and makes me fall on the ground.

I land hard on the ground and scream in pain when my arm's wound is reopened. I look at Cory who is snarling at Paul. Oh no. Hell, nope.

"Cory ! Stop !" I shout at him while getting back up without using my arm.

"He's a freaking mutt and you're running in his arms ?! I thought you had a brain, Alex !"

Paul snarls at my brother. "Don't speak to her like that, leech !"

I put myself between them and sigh. "Guys, this is just a big misunderstanding." I state, although they don't listen. Paul takes my arm, pushes me behind him and raises his finger at Cory.

"Don't move a fucking step." he warns my brother.

I immediately know what Cory is going to do. He smiles evilly before stepping up and looking Paul straight in the eye.

"What are you going to do now, mutt ?" he taunts him.

Paul growls and transforms into a wolf, while Cory starts punching him. I look at the fight, and for a second, I don't say anything.

Then, I see Paul receiving a hit on the head, one that could hurt him bad and that's when I lose it.

"You TWO ! STOP ! NOW !" I yell. "The LEECH is my brother and the MUTT is my boyfriend !" I continue, walking to them, well, more like stomping. "If you two are done with fighting, I would very much like to go home."

I cross my arms, wincing because I forgot one was bleeding pretty heavily, tapping my foot on the ground and waiting for their apologies.

They both look at the ground while muttering 'sorry'.

I open my mouth to say something when Embry comes near me, worry all over his face.

"They are coming." he says to Paul.

"Who is coming ?" I ask, dumbly.

"Gillian and his followers."

*****

We don't have a second to move that they already are here. I stare at Gillian, and all of a sudden, I feel a coldness washing all my fire.

I cradle my arm and walk backwards to Paul, who takes me in his arms, kissing my neck slightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Lexie." he whispers in my ear and makes me blush.

"How touching ! A little reunion !" Gillian exclaims as he comes nearer. There are Lilith and Kuly by his side, both looking prepared to fight.

"Shut up !" Paul snaps, like he always does. I grab his hand and squeeze it to reassure him that I'm with him.

Gillian chuckles while patting Lilith's arm.

"See ? He's got some temper !" he tells her while she grins wickedly, licking her lips and staring at Paul intensely. "Lilith has no preference when it comes to blood, and it seems your little friend over here is her blood-singer !" he shouts at me. "It is kind of strange, but who cares !"

I cringe when Paul growls, louder this time.

Gillian sighs a bit before doing his little evil speech.

"We weren't able to enter the mutt's home, so we came back to use you as a hostage, but it seemed he had already rescued you. So, we trailed down your scent and..."

"You told me that people were trapped in the house and that I had to save them ! You never said it was my own sister and brother !" Cory suddenly yells at Gillian and I stare at him, my eyes bulging out.

"You-you talked with that guy ?" I ask Cory, who looks at me.

"Yes, of course. He's the one who saved me at the hospital. He's the one who trained me : I owe him my life."

My eyes bulge out and I cough.

"Cory," I say when I finish. "You do know he's trying to kill us ?"

Cory shakes his head. "No, Alex. He just wants to get back some papers that your boyfriend and his pack stole. It's no big deal and if they give it back to him, there won't be any fight." he says like it's no big deal, when really, it is one.

"Mom and Dad stole those files." I tell him, stepping forward so that I'm in front of him. I feel Paul just behind me, towering me and protecting me, but I keep my attention on Cory, whose red eyes just widened.

"They stole them because it was the proof that Gillian was causing the hundreds of death in New York. They did this so that we would be safe. Remember the weekend with the car accident ? They wanted to go see Billy later on, to give him the proofs. He would've given them to the Volturi and Gillian would've been stopped !"

"Alexandra, you're just trying to mess with me. I have faith in Gillian, he wouldn't do something like that." Cory says.

Gillian intrudes our conversation. "Give us the files. The Volturi will execute my whole coven if they found out the truth, your brother with it." he tells me.

"Why would they kill Cory ? You manipulated him !" I shout back, feeling really annoyed.

"They won't know that. I also heard the Volturi was very efficient when killing those who break the law." He's taunting me, and I hate it.

Paul steps up, speaking with a strong voice. "We won't let you. We'd rather die than let you have those files. Alex' parents died, trying to save their kids and you won't betray their memories. I won't let you."

"Paul," I whisper, taking his hand. "I'll fight with you."

He smiles sadly at me and pushes me back in Embry's arms. My friend holds me in hostage and though I try battling with him, I can't get out of his hold.

"Take her away, with William. Once you lock her somewhere safe, come back to fight." Paul instructs him and suddenly, I'm being taken away.

"PAUL !" I scream, raising my hands, desperately wanting to stay near him. But he just watches me go away, and he doesn't do anything.

He has such a sad face and his eyes scan me, as if he was trying to remember me.

As if he was going to die, and he wanted to remember me.

Ok, I have something to say : this fanfic is #2 in wolves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I saw this, I jumped up and down... I'm really crazy.

How do you think things are going to turn out ? What about Alex ? And Paul ?

Vote/Comment/Follow ! :)

26/05/19 ; #2 in wolves