I'm Hot. You're Hot. Why is Everyone so Hot? You Have a 104 Degree Fever.

Hello my loves! How are you today? I said that I'd be posting more frequently and then proceeded to disappear for two weeks. Definitely on brand. I'm steadily moving down my TBW list so if you've requested something in the past few months and haven't seen it yet, keep looking and it should be out soon! This particular prompt from READINGN3RD called for some FierroChase with a side of care taking, which I am never unhappy about! Please enjoy my longest fic to date that took three days, four attempts at a new plot, and a whopping 5,140 words!

P.S. AU with Alex as a bartender and Magnus is a counselor at a local homeless teen shelter. Also everyone is alive. Just a little context; carry on.

Alex had just finished wiping down the bar when he noticed a pain-no, more like a pressure-in his stomach. It just felt like he needed to pee really badly all of a sudden.

"Kara, I'll be back." Alex nodded to the only other bartender behind the bar. It was almost last call and most everyone had already gone home, including the patrons. The bar was nearly empty as Alex walked through to the bathroom, save for the odd old guy or couple of college girls that were searching for the next place to haunt on a Friday night.

Alex walked into the single stall bathroom, making sure to lock the door. He'd learned that lesson the hard way.

Oddly, relieving himself hadn't relieved the pressure in his stomach. Alex pressed the area where the pain was coming from-somewhere close to his bladder. Predictably, the pain got worse, but lessened immediately when the pressure was lifted. Alex figured he was getting a UTI, he'd gotten them a lot when he was homeless. They usually just went away on their own, but he made a mental not to pick up some cranberry pills on the way home.

Alex walked to the front of the bar feeling oddly bloated.

"Alex" Kara's voice came from around the corner.

Alex walked back up to the bar top and looked around for Kara, but couldn't figure out where her voice was coming from.

"Here!" Kara called as she came out of the kitchen. Alex could hear laughing.

"What's up?"

"I thought you might like to see what the frat guys left me tonight." Kara grinned smugly and held out a napkin with writing on it.

Do the curtains match the drapes? Let's find out together. (617) 897-2533 -- Brock

"Wow. I can't believe that somebody would actually name their child Brock and expect them to not turn out being a total toe bag. Also, you're hair is bright pink. He should really get some better material." Alex laughed.

"I'll add it to the wall of fame. Oddly enough, this still isn't the worst I've gotten." Kara turned toward the wall of fame which consisted of gross or vaguely threatening notes that the female bartenders-and Alex on a few occasions, depending on how he dressed that day-had gotten over the years that the bar had been open.

"Let's finish closing and get out of here. I've reached my quota of bad pickup lines and I'll have to hear more tomorrow night." Kara huffed. She scooped up the door keys from the bar and went to lock the door before any more college kids with bad fake IDs could try to get in.

Alex and Kara made quick work of closing down the rest of the bar. They took out the trash last, mostly so neither of them would have to be alone outside at 2:30 a.m.

"How's Magnus doing at the Youth Center?" Kara asked as she swung her bag into the dumpster.

"He loves it." Alex swung his trash bag into the dumpster as well. "He feels like he's making a real difference. Being that person that neither of us had. There's a trans kid that he found around Fanueil Hall Market. She's here all the way from Baltimore. Magnus went back three days in a row trying to talk to her." Alex huffed, the walk to his car was taking more effort than it should.