Chapter 22

She did what!!?? I pulled away and stood up while looking down at her. "Why?" was all I can say. She cries. "It was an accident. I did it out of self-defense. She attacked me when I was arguing with Drake. I kicked him between his legs and started running. He yelled I won't get away with hitting him and that my little boyfriend will suffer. I stabbed her after she grabbed me and tried to stab me." She said. "Who is that?" I ask. She said what I wanted to hear these past 4 months. "You.He said now that I betrayed him, he's coming after you. I want to meet at our place please." She says getting up.We have a place in Taft, California. "Be careful." I say. "I will. Don't do anything if you see him." She said. "I promise." I say. She smiles and stiffles a giggle. I hug her. She hugs back. I sniffed her hair. That same old scent, I love so much. We share a kiss and we leave seperately.

"Where have you been!!??" Both my parents shout. I cover my ears. "Ugh! Do you guys not trust me?" I ask. They look at me like 'Should we?' "Okay. Before you get to the speechs, I was with Laura." I say. They look at me in shock. "You were with who? The girl that filed a restraining order against you? Are you crazy??!?" Dad asks. "No! She will be removing that. She met with me today to tell me that. She wants to get back together." I smile. Mom gushes then looks at me sternly. "Without anybody around?" She asked. "Yes why?" I say. "Where exactly did you go?" She asked. "At a hotel." I simply say. She looked at my dad then back at me. "Did you?" Dad asks. "Um no. Apparently there is a lot more to her then I thought." I say and smirk. I really did influence her. Thank god Christmas vacation is coming up. We can be away together for a while. "What is that suppose to mean?" Mom asks. "Nothing and I wanted to ask if I can go to Auntie for Christmas." I say. "But your Aunt is all the way in Taft, California. You can't go by yourself." Mom says. "I've done it a few times so." I say thinking outloud. "Excuse me?" Dad says. "What I meant was, only for 3 days. I won't do anything to cause you any worries. Call Auntie if you want." I say. "No. Were going to trust you. If you disobey that then were taking your new car, and only thing you'll be doing afterschool is sitting at home." Mom said sternly. I nod and hug her. "Thanks mom." I say. She smiles. I pull away and look at my dad. "Dinner is done. Come eat you two." She said and walked to the dining room. "You better be careful." He says. I nod. "Thanks dad." I smile. He smiles and we walk together.

"Ross?" I heard a faint whisper. I looked out my window and Laura was there. "Hey." I say. She takes out the secret ladder and climbs in. I help her. She then hides the ladder and sits on my bed. "So will you be able to meet me?" She asked. "Only for 3 days. We will spend those days together." I say. "So school is out and tomrrow is the first day of vacation." She says. "Yes it is. What are we going to do?" I ask. "Can I spend the night?" She suddenly asks. "Uh...um..." I stutter. She looks at me. "Please. Just for tonight. If you need me, I'll be at our place. I can't go home because he's expecting me." She says. Okay now I'm not sure where anything is leading. I'm protecting the girl who practically threw me away. She then killed someone but hasn't been caught!? So she threw away the evidence down a cliff. We can't go down there so proof will never be held against her. Why is it that fear is not present for this but it was for me? Is it because I am me? Me am I? I regret not fulfilling her needs and wants and also abusing her. I'm also guilty of not showing as much love and care.

"Ross!?" She waved hand in my face. I realize I was laying in my bed. "I'm tired." She says. Before I can do anything, she climbed in next to me. "I'll be out first thing in the morning." She says. I nod. I have a gut feeling for this whole situation. Is this some type of joke? Is there anybody out there that knows more about her than I do? She wouldn't hurt a fly. Well that changed. She rested her head on my chest. I kissed her forehead. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. I wrapped mine around her waist and smiled. I looked at our tangled legs. We kissed once again. I miss these days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reunited!!? Well we'll see about that! What is Laura up to? I for one don't buy anything she's selling. Comment and Vote!!!

~Ash★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★