V03 - Chapter 36 A Time Off RM

***

--- Fort Alnus ---

May 28th, 2025

Sergeant Harvey Frost is currently in the back of one of the Army FMTV A2 transports. He just finished Ranger School and was able to get assigned to Vanguard-7. Since the attack in Philadelphia, a lot of Americans been wanting to get payback. Since the Siege of Italica(1), Coalition forces, which include NATO and none NATO forces have been able to expand their presence in this new strange world.

Since the US first expeditionary force went through the Gate and completely destroyed the enemy force there(2), we have developed complete dominance over the region. And then again, US fought them many more times throughout the months. There have only been a limited amount of news coming out of the State Department and the Pentagon, they are being careful not to release any information that could hurt culturally. But what has been released show that our forces have been able to come on top of anything this world has to offer, so the public statement been telling us.

The mood in the country and many other countries within the western world have been a state of shock. We in the west have been so successful and sheltered from conflict zones and the cruelty of life. We have not seen anything like this for many centuries and then suddenly everything we have seen in Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, all the great Roman films like Gladiator over the decades and many other cultures just went from fantasy to reality.

There has been much debate over the Internet from different streaming channels, arguing what could possibly wonders and horrors this new world could have. All that is just the cultural topics, the fact that there are magic and other races that are throwing a massive curveball. No one has been able to find a scientific or religious reason for any of it to exist. It is not that another world made the first contact with us, it is that we know so little about this new world and people have a hard time accepting what they do not understand.

The only reason that there has not been global protests and riots, or even wars has been the fact that the military has been an overwhelming success in the war, bring in some sense of stability in the minds of people. The illusion that the government has things under control and there is some sense of normality.

The FMTV A2 that he is in, there are new soldiers and some civilian scientists. Since the NATO Expeditionary Force has secured the Gate on the other side and the risk of a second attack low, the governments have been wanting to learn more about this strange world. To see if there is any new knowledge that can be learned and more importantly, resources. Basic truth in life, they want to know if there is anything worthwhile in this world before getting more involved.

In front of him are two French scientists and four British scientists. There is some Japanese, Australians, of course, Americans and other countries scientists in some of the other vehicles. It has become clear that we are going to be staying in this world, let us hope we have learned from past mistakes.

A bright light appears as they get closer to the end of the Gate. It attracted everyone as they look towards the light. The reality would finally hit that they are going to another planet, something you only could imagine not long ago.

Truth is, all this reminds him of that media franchise called Stargate. The Military going through a Gate to another world, to explore new places, meet new people, better stand our place in the universe and more.

Once through the Gate, he can see everything. Thousands of Soldiers walking around, doing whatever they are doing that day. Aircraft of all kinds flying around and a huge number of buildings everywhere. They said that Fort Alnus has grown big in a short period of time, totally about twenty thousand allied forces.