V08 - Chapter 83 Thanksgiving

--- Alnus Community, Liberty Apex ---

September 27th, 2025(1)

"Yeah! It is another American Holiday! Food!" Rory yells in pure excitement.

"Calm down Rory," Sharpe said, looking down at her.

He looks at her as she spins around in a circle, her skirt flinging around form the speed. He just cannot believe that she is this excited about a holiday.

"Oops, sorry," Rory said as she pushes down her skirt.

"You are acting like you never had a holiday before... wait. Do people in this world have holidays?" He asked, not wondering.

"No in the manner you have," Lelei said as she holds a plate of food. "The only kind of celebration is for worshiping our gods or the session of power."

"Wow. Well, most of ours are just an excuse to have a party and get drunk." Sarah adds with a chuckle.

"Pretty much." He comments and then looks back to Rory, feeling her tugging on his shoulder. "Yes, Rory."

"So where are they!?" Rory asked, nearly demanding.

"Where is what?" He replied confused.

"The hotdogs!" Rory responds quickly, nearly about to jump with all this piped up excitement.

He delays his response after hearing that. At first, he was trying to make sure that he did not mishear her. "Rory... it is Thanksgiving."

"Soo... It is a holiday, and you have hotdogs during the holidays!" She said with a big grin on her face. "We had them on the Fourth of July."

"Rory... that is a summer food. Not a fall food. There are no hot gods here, just turkey, ham, and steak. I hope that is steak... and ham..." He commends, glancing at the table with all the food.

"But... but. Randy said you have hot dogs during holidays!" Rory said, starting to get upset.

He crosses his arms and takes a breath, thinking about this. She is not wrong, that they all said that back on the Fourth of July. It did not cross his mind that she would take it this extreme, over hotdogs.

"Rory..." He said but stops himself, looking directly at her. All he can see is her standing there leaning towards him. Her arms are together with her hands under her chin. Her eyes are massive like a cute little kitty cat.

"How is this possible? What is this, based on a manga?"

"Please.... I will cuddle with you." She whispers with a great amount of energy, now trying to negotiate.

He moves his hand behind his neck. "Alright. If you promise to be good, then I will find you a hotdog."

Right as he finishes his sentence, he feels Rory tackles him and gives a big hug with her arms and legs. From her superhuman strength, he can help but fall over to his back.

"Thank you!" Rory yells, squeezing him.

As he lays on the ground, trying to figure out what just happened and how to get her off him. He notices Lelei lean over, facing down at him.

"Can I have one to..." Lelei asked.

Then he sees Tuka on the other side peak over. "What is this hotdog you all speak of? Is it made out of a dog? Like the pets on Earth"

"Don't ask Tuka. It is just tasty, and we all agree to leave it at that." Lelei responds, still looking down at him.

"Yes! All of you can. Now get off me!" He said, getting annoyed how Rory will not let go.