V10 - Chapter 115 Evening Darkness

*** 

--- Italica, Looking for The Brave Pony Tavern ---

Date: December 14th, 2025

After the Girls kidnap their commanding officer Sharpe, most of the team decided to go out into the town and drink.

Randy walks behind everything, looking down at them all. Almost everyone is here, except for the Major, Johnson, and Andrew. Andrew was going to come when he heard but he 'recommended' that he stayed with his lady friend. From the years of his experience being married, happy wife, happy life. He told him to start building up those brownie points now because he will need them down the road.

He looks around the group, it is not just the Vanguard team that is together but some of the Rose Knights. Most of the leaders seem to be gone, doing whatever nobles and royalties do.

Accompany them is Jalin Tu Fendro and Suissesse Co Mein of the Rose Knights.

Sharpe has made it a point to have both groups to try and work together. Both on and off the battlefield. He understands the logic behind that. At some point everyone needs to learn they are on the same team.

During his time in Afghanistan and Iraq, it was important to include the Afghan and Iraqi army with them. Otherwise, what was the point in building up their army if they do not know how right?

He and the other Rangers have noticed both Sharpe and Pina trying to figure out a way to work together, it has been mixed results so far.

"Hey, it is the Rangers!" Some of the townsfolk say in a cheerful tone as they all walk by.

"Hi," Alicia waves as she walks by. She then looks to the other Rangers. "That was the fourth time in ten minutes."

"Trust me, I noticed," Jalin comments.

Alicia looks up at him, she looks like a shrimp compared to him. "Aww..., dose the big man feel jealous?"

"Knock it off Alicia," He said, making sure they don't kill each other."

"What did I do?" Alicia asks, turning around.

"You know what you did," Scott said.

Randy shakes his head and looks at the townsfolk. The last time they were here was during the peace process that fell apart(1). Last time they were treated like heroes. Many of the townsfolk set up a quick drinking party just for them while the officers were doing their diplomatic duties. He had a chance to become an officer and glad he did not, you miss out on all the fun.

"I have to agree with her," Jerry comments. "Everyone seems warm and friendly here."

"I wish I was there to see that," Frost said. "Back at Ranger School, we were told what happened to her during the Siege. It was an inspirational man. I worked my butt off to get assigned to you guys."

"So, what, three bottles of Scotch and a night in the Emperor bed?" Scott said with a cocky tone.

"I can't afford the good Scotch and...." Harvey stops and thinks and looks at Scott. "Hey..."

Randy sees the Rangers chuckle as they pick on the new guy. He chuckles himself, remember what it was like being a lower rank many years ago. Being young and alive can be a great thing, especially after a battle that you won. You feel like you can walk in the sun and be fine. It does not help that the Major does that daily.

"I have no idea what you are saying," Jalin said. "You people act like your enemies."

"Of course," Alicia replies. "Do you have any idea how boring life would be if we live in peace and all that good stuff."