V08 - Chapter 86 Operation Squeeze Play

"The Battle of Havcristen begins. The road to Havcristen has took NATO two months, being forced to take multiple cities to create staging grounds for this assault.

Around Alnus Hill the Empire employed traditional ancient warfare tactics, large formations in line formation, marching directly to your enemy. This active has made it easier for NATO forces killing Imperial forces in the tens of thousands with little cost. Enrolling mind-blowing death numbers. These tactics allowed NATO to easily deploy their divers' weapons.

In the Elies Region, the Imperial Army has deployed their Legions in a new manner. General Krysist and Legatus Propraetor Pelue Muilk deployed their forces in entrench position. They are using cover and using the environment to their advantage. Besides having large armies deployed as one, smaller units are spread out to cover more ground

At first this took NATO by surprise but quickly adopted. Artillery and air support engage these smaller-entrenched units, NATO flushed out the Imperial forces. Then ground forces cleared them up the rest.

NATO forces stormed through the capital of Havcristen. The defenders through their walls would protect them however Air Assault forces flew over them and secured strategic positions on the easter side of the city, ruining the defender's response.

Distracted, NATO armored easily broke through, allowing the Infantry to storm the city. As of now, street to street fighting as NATO forces advance through the city." – Free Alnus News

***

--- Havcristen, The Greater Elies Region ---

October 18th, 2025

Vanguard-7 is currently riding inside a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter. Their mission is clear out this building that seems to be some rich man palace.

Colonel Yang informed Sharpe that their mission is to storm the building and push the Imperialist forces out. The 1st Cavalry soldiers will be outside the facility to clean up everyone they push out.

Glancing to his left, he sees his girls, Rory Mercury, Lelei La Lalena, and now Tuka Luna Marceau. He finds it humorous how nervous they seem like the ride in the helicopter.

He is interested in seeing how Tuka handles under pressure of a real mission. The only reason he has allowed her to come is that she seems to handle herself well back at the fortress. She did come back and save him, so he owns her a chance at least.

While Rory and Lelei have done an air assault before, that was only once in Sadera. All three of them do not use to flying in the air. "It is ok ladies. Just relax."

The Blackhawk shakes a little from the battle raging below. Lelei looks to him and gives him a thumbs-up, trying to keep her spirit up.

He looks at his team and sees everyone is eager to get back into the fight. He is to however a little bit unnerved by what Pina said.

After that conversation, it reminded him of another conversation when he first took command of his Delta unit. His old mentor Harper told him about how not to rely on technology. That the United States is technology the most powerful nation on Earth, and now on two worlds.

However, it still took two decades to clear our insurgents in the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia. It still took the men and women to go in and occupy the street after street.

He has no doubt NATO will take the city and quickly. It is not going to be like Sergeant Major Randy Dodson's stories, taking months if not years to take full control of a city.