V11 - Chapter 124

*** 

--- Alnus Community ---

December 30th, 2025

Hours after the quake, Corporal Myuute Luna Sires is directly Wolf and a few soldiers in moving some rubble that was blocking the entrance of this building. "There you go."

Seeing them move the entrance door, she rushes inside. "This is the Alnus Military Police, I am here to help."

As she looks around, she sees everything is tipped over. Supplies littering the ground and knocked over chairs and tables. She feels nervous as she walks among everything, wishing that her partner were there.

She talked to her partner First Sergeant Miloslav Suchanek right after the ground quake hit. He said he was going to sweep the area he was at until help arrives and then meet up with her. Then she has not heard of him since.

"Over here."

She looks right and sees three people there. "Any of you hurt?"

"Yes, I think his leg is broken"

She walks over to them. "Ok, we have the exit secured. Just he as out. You, sir, grab my hand."

She grabs the man and put his arm around her neck. "Everyone out."

One by one they all move out of the store.

She carries the man to this medical HUMVEE and two medics rush up and take him from her. "He has a broken leg."

Once they take him, she takes a deep breath.

Wolf walks up to her. "Are you ok?"

She looks up. "Yeah, I am. It was just a few hours ago I was having fun with my friends but then this happened."

"The nature of life," Wolf said. "We should get back at it."

She looks around as she catches her breath. It has been a busy hour.

She sees all these different military vehicles show up. The first group showed up were a mix of Americans, Germans, Romanians, and French, the countries that are responsible for the town of Alnus security. They began to crowd control so the Engineers and medics could come in and move around at ease.

She soon learned that these quakes are normal on their world, but they were shocked that it happened here. Saying that they are not close to a fault, whatever that means.

Whatever happened, she sees that the damage is not as bad as it first glance. Alnus has grown a lot since she first arrived, and the first buildings seem to be affected the hardest. "We should thank the gods that it didn't get worse."

"Good thing indeed," Wolf said. "I always thought it was annoying on all the rules they have. I found them making projects longer, but it seemed that it had a purpose."

Before she could respond, her radio goes off. "Any available units, we need assistance in district seven."

She grabs her radio. "We are on our way."

She looks at Wolf and tells him to follow. They run pass all the Army Engineers and medical support all over the place.

They get to district seven of the town and see this warehouse. She knows this place; it is the town's food stores from Elbe and nearby farms to sell here. The roof looks like it was carved in.

She sees two of her fellow Alnus MPs, one a High Elf and one native Human. The Elf is Private Darth Tatu, and the Human is Private Humren Aguis.

But she notices no one else around which is normal at this hour. But why are two of her MPs here and not helping elsewhere? She wonders if they are just guarding the food which is not a bad idea more, she thinks about it. "What is going on?"